Does the Apex have a default state for Fallback?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is if you didn't have a line of code for an output regarding Fallback, what would happen to that output if disconnected from the Base Unit?

That's a great question! I wasn't sure of the answer, so I just now ran a test to see how it would behave. I plugged in my spare EB832, and configured outputs 1 - 6 to conduct an experiment. I set up the following configurations:

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 11.10.30 PM.png

From this test, it appears that an output (at least on the EB832) without any Fallback setting will remain in its last known state when the module is disconnected from the Apex. This was true for outputs explicitly programmed for Set ON, Set OFF, as well as outputs that were controlled by an If Time command. Additionally, those outputs set to the Manual ON and Manual OFF positions rather than AUTO also retained their last settings once disconnected.

I don't know if this would be the same case for outputs on other modules such as the FMM, 1Link accessory ports, or others, but I would speculate that they just keep doing what they were doing until the Apex instructs them otherwise.

If anyone has some spare modules other than the EB832 to test, I'd love to hear your results.

For those who aren't familiar with Fallback, read all about it here:

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back