Does the Nyos Nitrate test convert to nitrite to test?

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling a new tank and keeping track of parameters. I tested nitrate at 50+ the other day so I did a 80% water change but I found this thread (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/false-nitrate-reading.352136/) explaining how nitrite interferes with many nitrate tests because they test by converting the nitrate to nitrite. It does say 'the pink colored tests' but at the end of the thread a guy is saying he is getting false readings on the nyos test kit.

I am worried now that I stalled my cycling early when I thought it was nearly done.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling a new tank and keeping track of parameters. I tested nitrate at 50+ the other day so I did a 80% water change but I found this thread (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/false-nitrate-reading.352136/) explaining how nitrite interferes with many nitrate tests because they test by converting the nitrate to nitrite. It does say 'the pink colored tests' but at the end of the thread a guy is saying he is getting false readings on the nyos test kit.

I am worried now that I stalled my cycling early when I thought it was nearly done.
You should be good. The bacteria will be on any hard surfaces, rocks, sand, glass, pumps etc

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Back