Does this look like a real RR Avengers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first colony picture look a like one of my wild coral i got 2 year ago.
photo (21).jpg

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuyuyu!!!!!!!!!!! I no who your talking about the scum tried to stiff gab for her money when we down paid for it

That RR AVENGERS HE HAS IS 100%. Fuuuugaaaassiiiiiiiiii. He tried I sell me it I told him your crazy I a joking manner. He got kicked off of plenty of reef forums . He got kicked off of RC while he was in front of my house delivering the tank to. THe house I bought from hom. Well gab bought .

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's good ""friends with RR supposedly ..... OMG I'm so upset this happened to you too . Go return and get your money back I'll come threw with you .

Lmk if I'm talking about the correct person and if not I'll delete post.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first colony picture look a like one of my wild coral i got 2 year ago. photo (21).jpg

This is pretty sweet. Yours has green polyps, mine has brown. Yours is much nicer :)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuyuyu!!!!!!!!!!! I no who your talking about the scum tried to stiff gab for her money when we down paid for it
That RR AVENGERS HE HAS IS 100%. Fuuuugaaaassiiiiiiiiii. He tried I sell me it I told him your crazy I a joking manner. He got kicked off of plenty of reef forums . He got kicked off of RC while he was in front of my house delivering the tank to. THe house I bought from hom. Well gab bought .

He's good ""friends with RR supposedly ..... OMG I'm so upset this happened to you too . Go return and get your money back I'll come threw with you .

Lmk if I'm talking about the correct person and if not I'll delete post.

Same person. Rob I didn't actually pay for it my buddy did, but we share corals like brothers. I was just curious if lineage could be proven. I started this thread because I was almost certain the corals was not legit. I just wanted to confirm. My friend is not worried about the money and neither would I. Life's too short to start fights over things like this. I'll leave it up to the individual to do the right thing if he reads this. If I see him selling again he will be called out in a very bad way.

Anyway, if anyone has a real Avengers frag/colony growing I would love to see it :)

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty sweet. Yours has green polyps, mine has brown. Yours is much nicer :)

Same person. Rob I didn't actually pay for it my buddy did, but we share corals like brothers. I was just curious if lineage could be proven. I started this thread because I was almost certain the corals was not legit. I just wanted to confirm. My friend is not worried about the money and neither would I. Life's too short to start fights over things like this. I'll leave it up to the individual to do the right thing if he reads this. If I see him selling again he will be called out in a very bad way.

Anyway, if anyone has a real Avengers frag/colony growing I would love to see it :)
Very true! life is too short for one coral.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres scammers everywhere man no bueno man ......

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he got me to. This guy's no good.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the crack pot is not on here lurking in the shadows if I find his name out on here I wil take measures to get his removed by the mods . Or try to at do it one time shame on you but 10-30 times on different sites... No bueno and. The trash needs to be taken out on disposal day.

But anyways if anyone has any mini colony's I would love too see as well

Rich I heard this acro is a really slow grower . It is beautiful tho!

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting was talking to someone the other day who had an "avengers" that looked like yours. I explained to him that its not real. Sucks someone is doing this.

Thats why all those "lineage" debates and the request for vendors to state where an acro came from a couple weeks ago are so relevant. At this point in the hobby I guess a certain amount of trust is needed, however generally speaking vendors track who they sell to and if you are buying from another hobbiest the vendor should be able to tell you if they sold it to them or not.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great point on lineage AJ I never much understood why ppl are so against it !

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it is not.

The pictures of this coral online have a very distant appearance from one tank to another, and the level of photoshop involved ;)
Last year a friend purchased a frag from someone local as a RR Avengers, and I'm curious to know if this looks like the real thing. I actually grew this piece out in my tank because at the time my buddy had tank issues. If you have any questions or opinions I would love to hear. I don't want to mention names because it might seem as slander, when it could be my lack of SPS skills in keeping proper color:wink:

Here's the frag when I first got it
IMG_4551 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

IMG_4550 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Pic from a couple of weeks ago
IMG_0837 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

mic209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these arguments about lineage and what's real and what is not are getting out of control and is just adding fuel to the fire for these over priced frags. It is also encouraging scammers to scam. In all honesty, only mother nature can validate what is what! That is a nice piece you have there, enjoy if for it's beauty. If you want to sell frags for big $ then do so, no need to justify it by giving it a commercial name.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these arguments about lineage and what's real and what is not are getting out of control and is just adding fuel to the fire for these over priced frags. It is also encouraging scammers to scam. In all honesty, only mother nature can validate what is what! That is a nice piece you have there, enjoy if for it's beauty. If you want to sell frags for big $ then do so, no need to justify it by giving it a commercial name.
I understand what you trying to said, but we as reefer just want what we pay for. we just want to get the og lineage that all.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry bro for blowing this on the thread. but cause its the same guy.

Who ever is going to the NJ frag swap. He will be a vendor there. i will not say his name on the Thread. But ill be more then happy to pm it.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its always best to go back to the originator of the coral in question to verify lineage. The RR Avengers is very difficult to obtain and most owners of this piece are not quick to either admit to owning it or share because they do not want to be hunted endlessly for a frag.
You can probably Google it to see an original photo from RR.

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson and Rob and gab, where were you guys two years ago when I was first starting out in the hobby? He scammed me too and as I'm reading this my girlfriend is cursing his name. You live and you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back