Does this overflow make me look fat?

DaveG999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current tank is 40B with a canister and a Tunze in tank skimmer. Drooped back to this after a failed attempt with a Figi Cube drop-in AIO. I have aquired a 20L to create a sump. Here's my question:

Will a large Eshopps Prodigy Work? Or will it not, based on I'm only needing approximately 450 gph flow?

My reason is that I would like to be able to set up the plumbing like I am running a 120g, so that when that day comes (6-8 month I'm guessing) I can just drill the same holes in the 120 and switch over the same equipment for the tank. Also, I'd like to start running the Bean animal style now, and be used to it when the new tank arrives. I do realize the skimmer and that equipment will need resized as I will be running smaller versions of that equipment for the 40B

Smart butt replies are encouraged, Dave

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Everything will light on fire and die.

Now that we got that out of the way, you can downtune the Herbie or even only use two holes in the 40b .

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why was your attempt at the Figi AIO drop-in a fail? (Planning to switch to a 40B and the drop-in AIO conversions are something I've been considering)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back