Does this Toadstool have any chance to survive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edsbeaker

Grandma Has A Reef Obsession
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
4,007
Reaction score
16,281
Location
Westfield, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This poor baby got stung by two other corals in multiple places. The whitish color is expanding each day. To me I think it’s a goner, but thought it weird that the green polyps are visible near the bottom of the photo. Although maybe thats the case because so much of the tissue has died, and the polyps are exposed?

Anyway, would there be any chance of saving it if I frag off what looks like a healthy piece, or is the entire toadstool a loss?

IMG_2986.jpeg
 
Toadstools can be resilient. Give it time and it may surprise you.

GIF by CBH Homes
 
Toadstools can be resilient. Give it time and it may surprise you.

GIF by CBH Homes
Hoping that’s the case. It’s a beautiful long polyped variety.
 
It'll be fine. If there's any healthy tissue. If it turns all black it's gone. I've only lost one (I have dozens) and I was to a chalice sting.
 
It'll be fine. If there's any healthy tissue. If it turns all black it's gone. I've only lost one (I have dozens) and I was to a chalice sting.
I’m starting to feel hopeful!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new