Any chance of saving this bubble tip?

mmorrison55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
1,547
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This guy moved and stuck himself to the backside of the rockscape in probably one of the places that gets the least amount of light. It was opening pretty good and when it would close up it seemed to do so after feeding the display , so I assumed it was just closed up for eating. Since it was kind of hidden from normal view, I kind of forgot about it, 7ntil I went looking for it today and it was closed up, but I could see some damage tissue as well, so I pulled it out.

Would you say there is any chance of saving it at this point? If so, what kind of treatment should I look at?


IMG_0207.jpeg
 
That looks pretty bad. I’m with both of the above. Smell and toss. I’m out of town and my boy sent me a pic of a nem that is curled on one edge. My LFS friend is stopping by in the morning and I told him if it needs to go he has my permission. Better than coming back to a nuked tank!
 
Im wondering now if this bta going downhill and decomposing was not the cause of my Duncan’s closing up.

Guess I should do a water change to be extra cautious.

Thanks all for the feedback.
 
Im wondering now if this bta going downhill and decomposing was not the cause of my Duncan’s closing up.

Guess I should do a water change to be extra cautious.

Thanks all for the feedback.
Yeah, it’s possible it has polluted the tank somewhat. I’d definitely do a water change and monitor the Duncan to see if it stops pouting!
 
Possibly. You need CIPRO. I had success saving a bubble tip nem and my Bubble using cipro. I did lose half the bubble but it worked. If you can get some I'll tell you the rest, if not next time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new