Does this Toadstool have any chance to survive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edsbeaker

Grandma Has A Reef Obsession
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
4,027
Reaction score
16,365
Location
Westfield, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This poor baby got stung by two other corals in multiple places. The whitish color is expanding each day. To me I think it’s a goner, but thought it weird that the green polyps are visible near the bottom of the photo. Although maybe thats the case because so much of the tissue has died, and the polyps are exposed?

Anyway, would there be any chance of saving it if I frag off what looks like a healthy piece, or is the entire toadstool a loss?

IMG_2986.jpeg
 
Toadstools can be resilient. Give it time and it may surprise you.

GIF by CBH Homes
 
Toadstools can be resilient. Give it time and it may surprise you.

GIF by CBH Homes
Hoping that’s the case. It’s a beautiful long polyped variety.
 
It'll be fine. If there's any healthy tissue. If it turns all black it's gone. I've only lost one (I have dozens) and I was to a chalice sting.
 
It'll be fine. If there's any healthy tissue. If it turns all black it's gone. I've only lost one (I have dozens) and I was to a chalice sting.
I’m starting to feel hopeful!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new