Does this video represent our hobby well?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Frikkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? This video is either a joke(not funny) or a very misleading way to get people to join the hobby... Make money off of corals? Meh...

OP
OP
coralfish12g

coralfish12g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Frikkie this is exactly why I'm asking...

Because I was just there to consult on what was true/ information.

But what he found most interesting about everything was the money behind coral vending. He chose to angle the video that way to get the most views.

Obviously we have a passion for the animals but doesn't money also drive this hobby in many ways and makes much of it possible?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I think that video is just fine. I had a horrible invasion of red mushrooms taking over my whole reef and were they bounce mushrooms taking over, that would be opposite of a problem it would be an investment.

Good video and well produced and duration is in line with viral vids I say good going.

cgdcinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people may get into the hobby thinking they are gonna make money, then find out how expensive/difficult the hobby is. They will fail and be out.
Some may have the knack and find success and actually make some money.
Some will get into it and realize they don’t want anything more than to just have their own personal tanks and not try to do it for profit.
Any way it goes the awareness it brings about corals will be beneficial in my opinion. Funny video. [emoji106]

wattson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The money propaganda in the video only made the hobby look more money driven. All the way from coral prices to all the equipment involved, plus operating cost. It influences higher price tags for the hobby in return makes this hobby more unavaliable to more people thinking of getting involved in this hobby /obsession .
I wished I didn't play this video..
The misleading money topic killed for me ..

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha. Yeah after you spend 10k maybe youll make 10k back in 5-10 years

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally loved it man! Great job. I try not to take everything I watch too seriously so the money part of it didn't bother me.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back