Does your wife know what your tank cost?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cuda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
She knows how much my joculators run and that I have two. She doesn't ask about my fed ex boxes and I do the same; So far, its a happy marriage :D
 
Last edited:
Are you kidding??????????
If she did, I wouldn't have a wife.
 
My wife does. She is very much into the hobby as well. She puts me in time out on regular basis and then another chalice frag comes along that we like and she'll let me out. So far it works out very well. Her favorite corals are chalice and acans. It is a good and bad thing:wink:
Dave
 
mine does. matter a fact she kicks me out just to go by more coral. I love that we are both into this hobby.

i will admit though that at first i used to rub a number off the price that they would write on the bags of coral if it was a bit high when i first got started. lol.
a few times i combined two corals into one bag and would toss the other on the way home. its not a lie if its for a good cause right?? haha

yes honey i swear that whole rock was only 50 bucks. (never mind that smudge). lol
 
yeah right I would be dead already she thinks I get most my stuff because I have good friends and nice stores in town lol
 
Mine does and tells me i need to sell more frags. Sometimes i think shes a stock broker because all she says is sell,sell,sell.........
 
Yep, she isn't crazy thrilled about how much I spend - buts its better than drugs ;)

We watch the tank together every night and relax together. I think that is why - I keep her happy.....

------she is the one that came up with the plan for this -----

Here is the latest addition.
The wife wanted to pick it up for when the power goes out. We also have a Vortec battery backup.
This will be nice to have though to be able to run the tank, fridge, sump pump, house lights and a few other things if need be for a few days.
I am adding pig tails and a backfeed switch (so it won't go to the breakers) to a couple circuits so I can plug right into them with an extension cord from the generator.

030378_md.jpg
 
Yes my wife knows. But, she also knows I don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs, don't chase tail, nor do I spend countless hours on the weekend on the golf course. This hobby is a relatively harmless obsession. haha
 
My wife thinks I spend alot but if she really knew how much I would be in alot of trouble. She thought my Solaris LEDs cost $150.
 
My wife thinks I spend alot but if she really knew how much I would be in alot of trouble. She thought my Solaris LEDs cost $150.


Wow, you shot high on that!

its always, "hunny it was only 20 bucks!"
"the guy gave it to me!"
"I found it in the garbage on garbage day while driving by!"


Fire's story of "x"

yea... she knows... it always starts at XX.. that breaks into the, what the heck are you serious, we cant spend that much.
Then I break down that wall and she agrees then ater I explain, why spend XX when we can do XXX and then it looks good, lookit everyone elses.
Then comes, to do this right and not screw up I really need to get XX and XXX and XXX, then plus the tank XXX puts us at around....



20$
 
All frags I get are $20:xd: but I had to make the story believable since I had been raving about them for a bit
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new