dog face puffer detoxing?

clarimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a dog faced puffer and a few others out of a tank that crashed and was coming down now. the water was a light shade of beige.. I've way worste toward the green colors. there was a layer of black dust on the sand 1/4 " thick. temp was good, WaveMaker was barely working because of algea. I dip out a valantini, a dog face puffer and an engineer goby. did all the aclimating into a quick 10 gallon tank sitting on a chair. about an hour after their release, their breathing had slowed down and the were hiding.. instead of just sitting near the floor panting with all they have. I saw yuck come out of the dog faces gills. to I snapped some pictures... and started watching YouTube how to take care of two puffer fish w my three (90,54,40) mixed reef , fish inhabited living room. kept the light off in the kitchen when I remembered, tried to feed them right before bed and none of them would look at any kind of dried , frozen, pelted food I had. next morning everyone looks the same. fine... but not happy. I try the whole gammot again w foods.. only the dogface ( about the size of a softball) would eat a few pieces of dried crill..chill... hand fed. see I learned lol. this morning the temp in there was 84 degrees.. everyone was alive but not lookong great. so i topped the tank to the brim w fresh saltwater at room temp, put an airator in.. hoping evaporation would brung temp down.. so fighting Temps a bit today on this little tank, and more YouTube. tonight the only fish to eat is the fat Ole dogface.
ok. to the question.... this fish has skin not scales... is it possible he is lightening up?
in 24 hours? if so... that is some serious detox he is going thru, is there something to add to my qt water to boost his immune system?

Screenshot_20220611-183106_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220611-185014_Gallery.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, 84 i think is a little warm ,check for ammonia, what filtration ? a short video will help the experts.
you can fill and freeze 2 small containers/ ziplock bags w rodi water ,and swap them out to temporarily help with temp.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back