Doing it for the kids

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef, sorry for the loss of your first fish. In this hobby we all have had accidents and made mistakes with our reef before. May I ask what type of fish it was, maybe we can suggest some good starting fish for you if you would like?

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Sorry to hear about your fish. Sometimes we make mistakes when adding fish, and sometimes the fish was already struggling at the store. Folks here are willing and able to help you troubleshoot or provide tips for future success.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard! "For the kids" ... aren't we ALL just BIG KIDS?!?! (at heart anyway!) No matter how many years in the hobby ... it always stings a little when you loose a fish ... loose a PET! It does get better and the helpful folks here will assist with their valued experiences and advice! Make sure the youngins have a helping hand in all aspects of the tank ... it will be a great learning adventure with a few stumbles (can't avoid them) but MANY rewards! ENJOY!

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys!
Total newbie here. I have a 75 gallon tank. Looking forward to getting some fish and coral in there. I was initially going to go freshwater but my kids begged me for a saltwater tank. So here goes nothing. I’m a little over a month in and my first fish died today after just 3 days :(. I felt so bad. Looking forward to hearing from all of you!
Karen
San Diego, CA
Welcome! This is a great hobby to involve the family. Sorry about your loss.

This is a good article from R2R you may find interesting:

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r
The salty side of town .

sorry for your loss . Ask as many questions as you like . We were all new once .

perhaps we can get a little information on fish , how it was acclimated , how you cycled your tank .
Parameters never hurt when diagnosing issues .
What corals and fish were you planning on ?

my advice : wait a little before purchasing any corals .

Back