Doing question

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save the headache and get a doser if you're going that route. If you're on a budget, get the Jebao. I went through the same headache by manually dosing. One goes up the other goes down. pick a brand, BRS, ESV, Red Sea, Aquaforest. I used 3 of them, don't pay too much attention to calcium, just dose based on ALK in equal parts. The water will balance itself out. Instead of on large dose, do them more often, I do 12 small doses and the tank should be stable throughout the day/night.

OP
OP
Crimsonvice

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah a doser is the next on my shopping list. Not sure which yet, but I am leaning towards the Bubble Magus BM-T11.

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I hooked my doser up and dialed it in, I wished I bought it long time ago. I would put it before the skimmer on the to buy list. I bought the cheap Jebao Do-4. If it breaks, it only cost $65.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back