Dom's Biocube 29 build (HQI).

I am amazed at the mp10 and the reef crest and NTM Modes. I don’t know if the camera can capture it, but my tank water looks extremely clean. With my koralias, the water never once looked this clean. Almost no particles in the water column at all.

C071682B-8B87-4E5E-B125-B6D6DADCD817.jpeg
 
I got my hands on the Intank Media basket. I have to say, very well made item. I did have to cut the tab between chamber 1 and 2. However, was able to move the skimmer over to chamber 2 and have it sit low enough that I can put the back covers on flush.

I did notice that doing this, the water level in my display portion has dropped a tad. Anyone else notice this with cutting the tab?

IMG_6523.jpg
 
Sorry, both of ours were cut before we got them. We use Intank baskets in both as well.
 
If you are using chemipure, be sure to tie your media bag through a hole in the green piece, or it will choke your flow.
 
I am using floss & foam on top, carbon in the middle and purigen on the bottom. My 2-3 chamber is actually higher than before I cut it.
 
Day 2. Even cleaned than before. Changed up my media basket configuration a bit. Put some purigen in the middle and some black diamond carbon on the bottom and tied the bag so it hangs

I should have bought this right when I bought my tank haha.

2710FA83-AF4F-415A-8582-50B158D04F50.jpeg
 
First loss in years. Saw my male clownfish getting eaten by my shrimp. I could get it either before he dragged it into my rock.

Very upset as he was special to me. All parameters were ok. I think my female picked on him a bit too much. I think I am going to stay at 2 fish for now. I just can’t think about another fish after just losing him.

Rest in peace little buddy.
 
Think about getting a Tailspot. I think you'd enjoy one when you are ready for a new little dude. Lots of personality.
 
Soak the whole tank with citric acid water (you can buy citric acid powder at Amazon). This way is cheaper than vinegar and smells way much better
I CANNOT get that off my back wall on my jbj 28g!!!!!
 
Posting an update. Been a while. Tank has undergone many changes. Added mp10 and cleaned up my out of control GSP.

6C273EB7-704D-4BBB-9EB2-9FFC8B0169E9.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new