Done with Semi agressive fish totally!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Degener8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Degener8

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
393
Reaction score
5
Location
Tenino, Wa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my last purchases were Striped Burr fish/Yellow tang/ Blue spot puffer. I also purchased some smaller fish for another tank.

Well 3 days after adding my new fish the snow flake eel committed suicide and I had eel Jerkey when I found him.

I added the smaller fish to the 75 gallon tank a few days later since i now longer had my largely agressive eel. BUT now the burr fish is eating everything.
Killed 3 chromis. Beat my mandarin to death literally. And I accidentally crushed the blue spot in a land slide while trying to remove the remaining smaller fish. (felt horrible about that)

So smaller fish all removed Fast Forward a week and the yellow tang is missing pieces of his fins.. all nice uniform notches the size of the burr fishes mouth. So back to the LFS he will go.

He was totally un agressive at the pet store living with the same tang he is now trying to eat.
I want a tranquill ocean so from here forward only stocking with nice peaceful fish.

I would rather have a HUGE school of chromis and a couple grazing fish rather than have another even semi agressive fish.

I have nick named the burr fish Dr.Jeckel for now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new