Done with Versa pumps and done with Ecotech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your reading that wrong - I read that as he has had MP40, MP10 & Radions run great in the past so was expecting better from the Versa but was disappointed.
I think your reading that wrong - I read that as he has had MP40, MP10 & Radions run great in the past so was expecting better from the Versa but was disappointed.

Gotcha forsure read that wrong!

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like A rep from ecotech is at the ready to assist you. Hope it all works out for you however you decide to proceed. I would forsure warranty it out. These are the types of situations that these warranty’s are created and added to the product for. Not all companies provide warranty and are actively responding to customer concerns on forums etc I think it’s important to take note Of that also

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, the customer service experience on this product has been so onerous that it feels like it is by design. It's clear that your company now takes its customers for granted. You have definitely lost the recipe. You need to gain some empathy for what your customers are experiencing now and don't assume all is well. I sincerely wish you the best.

It looks like Tim is ready to help. It would be bizarre and get people to start to question as to why you won't take his assistance with warranty for $1200 items. If you know that they are playing around trying to get out from warranty, please do post the correspondence between you and them. We would love to know. I know that some of my questions that I directed to Tim on his forum were never answered. So I can see how they might be hit and miss.

Hope you will continue with their warranty process, or show evidence of their lack of support that makes you not wanting to continue with their warranty. Otherwise, your post here may look questionable. Best of luck. :)

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like Tim is ready to help. It would be bizarre and get people to start to question as to why you won't take his assistance with warranty for $1200 items. If you know that they are playing around trying to get out from warranty, please do post the correspondence between you and them. We would love to know. I know that some of my questions that I directed to Tim on his forum were never answered. So I can see how they might be hit and miss.

Hope you will continue with their warranty process, or show evidence of their lack of support that makes you not wanting to continue with their warranty. Otherwise, your post here may look questionable. Best of luck. :)

100 P

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At some point, you get frustrated enough that the time it takes to get anywhere just isn't worth the effort any longer. Many companies seem to make it a battle of attrition to mitigate the cost of replacement (not insinuating this is what's happening).

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using EcoTech for a few years and have had zero problems. Maybe Im just lucky in that regard

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At some point, you get frustrated enough that the time it takes to get anywhere just isn't worth the effort any longer. Many companies seem to make it a battle of attrition to mitigate the cost of replacement (not insinuating this is what's happening).

Not sure if they have the same customer service dept, but I had this exact experience with Aqua Illumination. Exchanged emails with two equally incompetent cs agents who only knew how to copy and paste excerpts from tutorials. Almost like I was talking to a machine, but worse since I had to repeat everything three times to get them to read it. If that wasn't bad enough, they asked me to connect my AI prime to the internet only to delete my schedule and force me to reprogram it. Weren't even apologetic about it, just pretended like it didn't happen. After two weeks and a dozen emails, I was back at square one. Pretty sure they were just giving me the run around since I was still under warranty. Goes without saying, but I'm never buying AI again. And thanks to OP for bringing this up, I was just about to buy some versas and radions.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if they have the same customer service dept, but I had this exact experience with Aqua Illumination. Exchanged emails with two equally incompetent cs agents who only knew how to copy and paste excerpts from tutorials. Almost like I was talking to a machine, but worse since I had to repeat everything three times to get them to read it. If that wasn't bad enough, they asked me to connect my AI prime to the internet only to delete my schedule and force me to reprogram it. Weren't even apologetic about it, just pretended like it didn't happen. After two weeks and a dozen emails, I was back at square one. Pretty sure they were just giving me the run around since I was still under warranty. Goes without saying, but I'm never buying AI again. And thanks to OP for bringing this up, I was just about to buy some versas and radions.
yes they are both the same CS dept.
I had basically the same experience with AI when i called about my Prime, and i wont even go into the month long hassle between me and ecotech where i basically threatened to sue them before they were willing to fix my issues.
Ive been using their products from well over a decade now, from first gen MPs and Radions up to their current models. Initially I was alway very happy with build quality and CS which is why i continued to buy and use their products.
But over that same time period ive noticed the quality of both the actual products and the quality of CS has been slowly going down hill.
Im not sure that i will continue to buy any of their new products due to this.
And they probably dont care.

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes they are both the same CS dept.
I had basically the same experience with AI when i called about my Prime, and i wont even go into the month long hassle between me and ecotech where i basically threatened to sue them before they were willing to fix my issues.
Ive been using their products from well over a decade now, from first gen MPs and Radions up to their current models. Initially I was alway very happy with build quality and CS which is why i continued to buy and use their products.
But over that same time period ive noticed the quality of both the actual products and the quality of CS has been slowly going down hill.
Im not sure that i will continue to buy any of their new products due to this.
And they probably dont care.

Not sure? That's pretty moderate language towards someone you threatened to sue haha. Seriously though, good to know I'm not the only one. Sad that they treat loyal customers like that. You'd think buying their products for a decade would warrant special or at least fair treatment. The fact that they caved right when you mentioned a lawsuit says a lot.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't think they treat loyal customers any different than new ones. I have it on good authority that they are diligently working hard to overcome the issues pertaining to versa. With this pandemic looming over, it's very difficult to make things happen yesterday.

I'm confident that they aren't going to let these minor problems destroy their reputation. But we all have to be realistic, some issues may pose unique challenges and wont be remedied over night.

I know there's a lot of people that are at wits end and no longer willing to afford ETM the satisfaction to fix the their individual concerns. And I know it's easy for me to say, please be patient. But when have they ever left customers hanging?

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
his reply legit says “I have run Radions, MP40s, and MP10s for many years in the past. I have to say I was expecting better and was very disappointed” so not sure how that would translate to being satisfied with other products.

You’re not comprehending properly at all. It sounds exactly like he didn’t have issues in the past and because of that he is disappointed with the Versa.

Every forum on the internet there is always some white knight that comes to the vendors defense to find flaws with someone’s complaints/issues no matter how detailed and accurate they are. The internet needs less people like you.

You are literally trying to force a narrative that OP is not responsible even when presented with information that says otherwise. Stop it.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use three Versa’s. 2 for AWC and one to feed my CalRx. Purchased them right after they came out. I understand they are brand new products and I’ve had issues with all of them. However the support team at ET has been amazing to work with. I had the leaky connectors and loud pumps. Was sent new connectors and even replacement pumps. I also learned that (per their website) the pumps are designed to push not to pull fluid. Once I moved the one pump next to my AWC water and it pushed up to my tank (upstairs) all was solved. I’ve seen 2 people on R2R using them to pull water through their CakRx and complain - you have to follow the directions. I no longer have any of the issue the OP listed - though I didn’t have all of his to begging with. Also going into it I knew it was a new product and they could have issues but heard good reviews about their support. I probably would have moved on by now with out the support but in working with them all issues are resolved. Recently they made a new part available that helps keep the tubing in place (think they call it a retainer) and that has made a big difference. They sent me all of these parts for free and used expedited shipping every time. Sometimes new products take a lot of patience and I understand it’s different for everyone but for me the patience has paid off and I’m in it for the long haul.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's also important to remember that they released these products and then the covid-19 shut down happened. So alot of company's are just trying to catch up.

Oh and I saw the same thread about the g5s and I'm pretty sure that problem was handled.
They will make it right.

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re not comprehending properly at all. It sounds exactly like he didn’t have issues in the past and because of that he is disappointed with the Versa.

Every forum on the internet there is always some white knight that comes to the vendors defense to find flaws with someone’s complaints/issues no matter how detailed and accurate they are. The internet needs less people like you.

You are literally trying to force a narrative that OP is not responsible even when presented with information that says otherwise. Stop it.

You should maybe have scrolled up to earlier post where I said “Gotcha forsure read that wrong!” what’s so wrong about sharing my opinion? This is a friendly forum and post where all reef keepers are welcome. Why are you so negative and telling people that you have never met or know nothing about off of a misunderstanding that they shouldn’t be on a forum or sharing there thoughts on the internet? I never forced any kind of narrative about anything.

Reef2reef is not that type of place. We don’t tell people not to contribute around here.

bmhair03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on the idea of us Reefers holding these companies responsible for there crap products they over hype on these Forums. I feel Hype for these products is created on these forums to create sales. They "donate,raffle " product to a chosen few to get that Hype. But when that said product fails those people are on to better products . I gave up years ago on Ecotech. After $600 I was out ,loud , bad customer service ,"always the wet side "and the failure rate is Bad. Wave patterns are fine but , I like quality . Sad that you can buy better replacement parts from the manufactures of the parts "bearings" then they put in there product. And the difference is a few dollars. But they charge top dollar? Id rather pay less for a better pump. Just doesn't "look" as cool. DYI'd there battery back up for 1/2 the cost. Exit sign batteries ($50) and 2 Dim leads($15).Plus it lasts longer then theirs. Once again is't just a pretty box. There are great people and products out there. I just feel you need to use common sense and do your research and not fall for what "looks" good in your tank journal. In Drag racing we say," All show no go" You need go, and that shows! Sorry my 2 cents.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

97EB312B-5744-4B59-A726-EA1D0A7DBD53.gif

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided many years ago to avoid ‘bright shiny object syndrome’ and not buy a new product until it had some credible user reviews. Occasionally I fail to take my own advice, though I suppose if everybody did this all new products would fail.

U

User1

View Badges
Oh and I saw the same thread about the g5s and I'm pretty sure that problem was handled.
They will make it right.

They did fix it. They also fixed the Vectra pump issue. And they will probably fix this. Fixing it isn't the problem nor is the great customer support who stands by their products. The problem is that there appears to be a trend when launching new products. Vectra pump. G5. Possibly the Versa. If one is looking at patterns this is pretty startling in my opinion.

Few hobbyists I know on another board got caught up in the whole pump issue. Replacement, failure. Replacement, long running, failure. Replaced again, much longer running, and back to the original failure even after product redesign. The supported him time and time again and guess what? Today he still uses their products because he believes in their support.

I guess it just depends on your view on it. Me, personally, I wouldn't be sitting atop one of their rockets trying to reach low earth orbit. However, down the road I wouldn't exclude them from any products I was looking to buy if they made one. Their support does stand out.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do eventually plan on getting these myself; I see them out of stock everywhere and assume maybe they are working out some issues. This hobby has been needing controllable affordable peristaltic pumps for a while now and if Ecotech can workout the issues then hopefully these will fill that void.

I remember my Apex DOS being horrible (bought it the first week it was available). They eventually sent my replacement heads and I have not had issues since (still use it today many years later).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back