Done with Versa pumps and done with Ecotech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They probably rushed the pumps to market without adequate testing but I would not give up on the product just like that. It's not like your having any issues with the main hardware. If the motors stopped spinning or misbehaving or the circuit board burned out I would be really worried but the two issues you are having:
1) The Roller Heads and fittings
2) The software
These are all problems that can easily be sorted out by ETM.
Since you have their attention and have been offered to be given personal treatment in resolving your issues I think you should just take them up on the offer.

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, the customer service experience on this product has been so onerous that it feels like it is by design. It's clear that your company now takes its customers for granted. You have definitely lost the recipe. You need to gain some empathy for what your customers are experiencing now and don't assume all is well. I sincerely wish you the best.

I have to agree.
The only product that hasn’t caused an issue has been an XR-15 pro.
I went through 3 Vectras before I gave up; won’t buy them anymore. MP’s are loud and fall apart -had to discontinue use of my 60 with a newer wet side because it was so loud thru the wall of my garage.
I was waiting to see how the Versa’s do on their debut, but it seems obvious, from what I read & talk about with local reefers, that they are following the same trend - which is unfortunate.
ecotech was great when they first came out, but has been on the downhill ever since.

mosqitofeo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Versa beating broken after 1 years used ! I'm disappointed:(

Attachments

• 20210121_173841.jpg
    20210121_173841.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 324

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is very good at handling these issues and will take care of you at no cost to you. As Tim said, I would contact customer service who is very good and responsive.

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use three Versa’s. 2 for AWC and one to feed my CalRx. I also learned that (per their website) the pumps are designed to push not to pull fluid. Once I moved the one pump next to my AWC water and it pushed up to my tank (upstairs) all was solved. I’ve seen 2 people on R2R using them to pull water through their CakRx and complain

Wow - good info! I still am waiting for Versa's for an ATW and seems I need to break up the two pumps, one at the DT (new salt water) and one at the AWC station (waste from DT). Where on the ECM did you find this info?

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is very good at handling these issues and will take care of you at no cost to you. As Tim said, I would contact customer service who is very good and responsive.

This is not true their customer service is terrible in my experience dealing with them and my MP10 headaches. Would never recommend this company.

Themaster305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we could start the "Quality Matters Movement" and bankrupt a couple of these dirt bag companies. When their products work they are superior, unfortunately I feel Ecotech and Aquaillumination have been ripping people off for years with high failure rates on their products. At least that has been my experience. I will never buy from either of them again as much as I love the working version of their products.
We have been in this and are in this for the long haul, if we made a mistake we make it right. OP- I'm sorry for your continued frustration. If you want to move on then that is your choice and I understand. If not, then the pumps are under warranty and we won't leave you hanging now or in the future.
Tim i’ve had $12-$15,000 worth of your equipment. 12 radions six mp 60s 10 empty 40s plus a handful of variable bumps I think you should know that I’ve tried multiple times to reach out to your upper management they have mocked me and made fun of me and blocked me. I called in on a MP 60 that I dropped the dry side in my thousand gallon tank I was instructed to send it in for repairs. Four weeks later the tech called me and said why did you send this we don’t repair these. I said your service center told me to send them in and told me it was serviceable The gentleman was nice said it wasn’t. I was frustrated that I paid shipping and waited and had to redesign part of my tank to deal with the requirements of meeting that powerhead. Small discount was given I want to say 10% off retail I paid it and it was shipped to me. When I got it the dry side had a MP 60 head with a MP 10 power controller and guess what it didn’t work. I supplied pictures immediately to customer service and management. I was told it was not shipped out that way and I was a liar. Just component was hardwired together your staff could’ve asked to have it shipped back sent me a call tag and waited upon inspection to make an assumption that I was a liar I tried for six months to get someone to listen to me. Your staff single-handedly destroyed your customer. The water I maintain right now personally for my own enjoyment is a 550 gallon system a 950 gallon system a 2800 gallon system a 3200 gallon system and 8500 gallon system. My residential power bill last month was $1400. I only tell you this to know that I’m a heavy hitter and you probably would’ve gotten $50,000 more in equipment as my financial situation has gotten better and I have acquired more and more aquatics. All of your equipment close to $15,000 has been removed from my aquariums. I feel like you should reach out to me and research this. I can’t believe that no one has talk to me with the amount of posts I have put out every eco-tech post I see I have mentioned this. There’s not really a way to make something right that is taking so much for me and causing me to re-design everything. Some of the equipment was wonderful some of it was poor quality. As with any manufacturer there will be certain components that have design problems. The true problem was being mocked over and over by multiple people on your side through phone and through chats. This has tarnished your name. If you choose to restore your name you need to sit your staff down and make them understand that you will not except this. I don’t know what the fix is but I think you should start with your staff being humble polite and listening. We have the ability to FaceTime send pictures etc.

Themaster305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim i’ve had $12-$15,000 worth of your equipment. 12 radions six mp 60s 10 empty 40s plus a handful of variable bumps I think you should know that I’ve tried multiple times to reach out to your upper management they have mocked me and made fun of me and blocked me. I called in on a MP 60 that I dropped the dry side in my thousand gallon tank I was instructed to send it in for repairs. Four weeks later the tech called me and said why did you send this we don’t repair these. I said your service center told me to send them in and told me it was serviceable The gentleman was nice said it wasn’t. I was frustrated that I paid shipping and waited and had to redesign part of my tank to deal with the requirements of meeting that powerhead. Small discount was given I want to say 10% off retail I paid it and it was shipped to me. When I got it the dry side had a MP 60 head with a MP 10 power controller and guess what it didn’t work. I supplied pictures immediately to customer service and management. I was told it was not shipped out that way and I was a liar. Just component was hardwired together your staff could’ve asked to have it shipped back sent me a call tag and waited upon inspection to make an assumption that I was a liar I tried for six months to get someone to listen to me. Your staff single-handedly destroyed your customer. The water I maintain right now personally for my own enjoyment is a 550 gallon system a 950 gallon system a 2800 gallon system a 3200 gallon system and 8500 gallon system. My residential power bill last month was $1400. I only tell you this to know that I’m a heavy hitter and you probably would’ve gotten $50,000 more in equipment as my financial situation has gotten better and I have acquired more and more aquatics. All of your equipment close to $15,000 has been removed from my aquariums. I feel like you should reach out to me and research this. I can’t believe that no one has talk to me with the amount of posts I have put out every eco-tech post I see I have mentioned this. There’s not really a way to make something right that is taking so much for me and causing me to re-design everything. Some of the equipment was wonderful some of it was poor quality. As with any manufacturer there will be certain components that have design problems. The true problem was being mocked over and over by multiple people on your side through phone and through chats. This has tarnished your name. If you choose to restore your name you need to sit your staff down and make them understand that you will not except this. I don’t know what the fix is but I think you should start with your staff being humble polite and listening. We have the ability to FaceTime send pictures etc.

Attachments

• BC8FDE89-C70C-4F7B-9BF1-2C82DD36E615.png
    BC8FDE89-C70C-4F7B-9BF1-2C82DD36E615.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 8A67A7A5-52A6-4429-873C-5F225658DE91.png
    8A67A7A5-52A6-4429-873C-5F225658DE91.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 246

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that happened to you, but unfortunately that seems to be how they handle things now a days. My last round of dealing with their Customer Service team was about the same.

mrkmowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Response from @Tim at EcoTech ?

mrkmowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact customer service for your replacement. The bearings have be substantially redesigned and anyone with an earlier one will be considered in the event that this happens.
Is it common for you to ignore people on these threads? Is it because you don’t know what you’re doing? Are you scared?

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never owned the versa so can not say anything about that. I have however been running mp40s a vectra and radions and I have to say these products are phenomenal. I have reached out to their support once before and it was also simple and easy. I wouldn’t give up and write this one off. Your experiences does not sound like the norm. And that amount of money is not worth writing off. I would forsure try reaching out to them again to try getting a resolution.
All my Ecotech devices work great. I can’t wait to get my hands on some Versa pumps. Might replace my DC return pumps with Vectras

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my Ecotech devices work great. I can’t wait to get my hands on some Versa pumps. Might replace my DC return pumps with Vectras
I'm considering doing the same. I like the idea of the feed mode being able to slow the return pump down to a trickle so it doesn't siphon the water back into the sump, you don't have to restart the overflow and the heaters in the sump keep heating the DT, and all with the same Feed Mode button (on the app) that slows down MP10/40 powerheads.

However, what would be nice is if that same feed mode button wouldn't shut off the Versas, or at least give you the option of what is and isn't shut down when you go into feed mode.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that happened to you, but unfortunately that seems to be how they handle things now a days. My last round of dealing with their Customer Service team was about the same.
You dropped the dry side. That is your fault unfortunately. I would assume that you can keep your doser on schedule while putting the power heads and DC return pumps on feed mode.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dropped the dry side. That is your fault unfortunately. I would assume that you can keep your doser on schedule while putting the power heads and DC return pumps on feed mode.
I don’t think you you’re talking to the right person mr eco tech fanboy I never dropped anything….
seems you need better reading comprehension, as your talking to me thinking I’m the OP…. Not to mention this thread is over a year old with no replies…

your bias is showing very strongly.

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we could start the "Quality Matters Movement" and bankrupt a couple of these dirt bag companies. When their products work they are superior, unfortunately I feel Ecotech and Aquaillumination have been ripping people off for years with high failure rates on their products. At least that has been my experience. I will never buy from either of them again as much as I love the working version of their products.
Don't forget Neptune. I have a stack of failed Neptune products.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you you’re talking to the right person mr eco tech fanboy I never dropped anything….
seems you need better reading comprehension, as your talking to me thinking I’m the OP…. Not to mention this thread is over a year old with no replies…

your bias is showing very strongly.
LOL you mad.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back