DOS alternative for Trident

BelleReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on buying an Apex and Trident on black Friday, but I have a tight budget and I am on the fence about getting a DOS. It seems like $300 is a steep price when I can get two BRS dosing pumps for $160. Does anyone have any experiences/opinions about using a third party dosing pump with the Apex and Trident? Is the DOS worth the extra cost?

Marine Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on buying an Apex and Trident on black Friday, but I have a tight budget and I am on the fence about getting a DOS. It seems like $300 is a steep price when I can get two BRS dosing pumps for $160. Does anyone have any experiences/opinions about using a third party dosing pump with the Apex and Trident? Is the DOS worth the extra cost?
I would go with the dose because not only is it more accurate but you can replace just about every part on there if need be. And it's easier to use Apex fusion to set the dosing amount than a timer. But TBH both will work fine with the trident. It's up to you. But in my experience, I would go with the DOS

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It somewhat defeats the purpose by not having the DOS to work with the Trident and its controlled dosing option.

look around on your local club’s website to see if anyone has a nice used one for sale.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would depend on the accuracy you want on whatever it is you are dosing and what you are trying to grow.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back