DOS dumped 1L of Alk into 250g tank in 3hrs

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I use controlled dosing and I add a single line of code to turn dosing off if the pH goes over a certain amount, when the pH drops back below that amount will the dos automatically go back to its normal controlled dosing, or will I have to turn it off and then back to auto? If needed to be done "manually", is there any code that can make it go back to its normal controlled dosing schedule when the pH drops back down to a normal range?

Sorry OP I'm not trying to hijack your thread.
Nothing in the Advanced tab will ever move the dashboard slider away from the AUTO setting (unless you use the "When" command, which should never be used for the DOS). Each line in the Advanced tab will either evaluate True or False. When a line of code is True, that code will override the DOS schedule. Once it evaluates False, the regular DOS schedule will resume its normal task.

OP
OP
NEFFx

NEFFx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I set them to only be off commands. If value is above/below x then turn off.
Another lesson learned.
I think it would be good to have a virtual condition for maintenance that turns stuff off. I’ll look into that. For instance when calibrating the trident or doing water changes.
Is there a cheat sheet for codes? Like on does this. Off does this. min does this. When does this. Etc?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another lesson learned.
I think it would be good to have a virtual condition for maintenance that turns stuff off. I’ll look into that. For instance when calibrating the trident or doing water changes.
Is there a cheat sheet for codes? Like on does this. Off does this. min does this. When does this. Etc?
SuncrestReef has written a bunch of articles that do a great job of explaining almost every aspect of the Neptune Apex. Just from searching quickly here is the one that I found about commands

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I use controlled dosing and I add a single line of code to turn dosing off if the pH goes over a certain amount, when the pH drops back below that amount will the dos automatically go back to its normal controlled dosing, or will I have to turn it off and then back to auto? If needed to be done "manually", is there any code that can make it go back to its normal controlled dosing schedule when the pH drops back down to a normal range?

Sorry OP I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but this seems like it may be relevant to you as well.
When the line of code evaluates False, the DOS will simply resume its schedule. No manual intervention is required.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another lesson learned.
My tutorial on virtual outputs explains how to create a Maintenance on/off switch to control multiple devices:

It’s part of my whole series of Apex tutorials:

OP
OP
NEFFx

NEFFx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the tank seeming now?
Hi Randy, thanks for asking :)
Nothing noticeable - Nitrates bottomed out (api test 0ppm) usually sit at 5ppm.
PH slowly coming down to 8.25. kalk and calcium reactor have been off (i ran 2L of calcium reactor low PH but didnt do much I think since i usually add 16L a day)
alk is 12dKH. Calcium is 500ppm (its been high trying to get it to come down anyway). mag is fine.
just trying to get the tank stable for a while for the SPS to grow so this didnt help that.

the vinegar def helped, so thanks for that. Added around 200ml over 2 hours and the 40g WC (was overdue anyway).

Just have to improve my Apex skills now...

Johnmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tutorial on virtual outputs explains how to create a Maintenance on/off switch to control multiple devices:

It’s part of my whole series of Apex tutorials:
Hello SuncrestReef and sorry for getting into this Post. Your tutorials are incredible. Thanks. I already have all the configuration of (If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF) as you teach in the Tutorial for the other equipment and it works perfectly. But I would like to know if this is exactly what I have to put so that the DOS also shuts down and returns to its normal dosage when I turn the Maintenance OFF, please? And if I must do it in this place of the photos and to each one. DOS_ALK and DOS_CAL?, because I'm a bit confused with the Fallback and the Set

(DOS_ALK)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF

(DOS_CAL)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output Maintenance = ON Then OFF

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220311-005831_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311-005831_APEX Fusion.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220311-005947_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311-005947_APEX Fusion.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20220311-013300_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311-013300_APEX Fusion.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220311-013411_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311-013411_APEX Fusion.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20220311-021331_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311-021331_APEX Fusion.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 10

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 76 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.0%
Back