DOS + JG Siphon Question

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Set up a 2nd DOS for AWC. I got brand new DOS heads and installed a new set of rodi fittings. I used quality teflon tape and sliced off the old tubing nozzle from the heads. My other DOS for 2 part is set up the same way and works flawlessly. I Primed the new saltwater head last night and calibrated it but noticed its slowly dripping into the sump. I pulled the tube and put it up high in the air to stop the siphon and went to bed. I havent had time to troubleshoot it yet but trying to understand how that can happen? If the output rodi fitting is allowing air in, could It be siphoning that portion of the tube even if the peri tubing is fulling sealed by the roller? Should i just re telfon tape the fitting or should look at the peri tubing as the most likely cause of siphon? At first glance the peri tubing seemed to be seated properly on the rollers. Any advice helps! Thanks!

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are the fittings O-rings are not sealing correctly on the tubing.
I would remove the tube cut it again clean the inside of the fitting with a Q-tip and use a small amount of lubrication on the tube like Vaseline.
The problem with the fittings is they are meant to used under pressure.
The pressure expands the tubing and helps seal it up.

OP
OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chances are the fittings O-rings are not sealing correctly on the tubing.
I would remove the tube cut it again clean the inside of the fitting with a Q-tip and use a small amount of lubrication on the tube like Vaseline.
The problem with the fittings is they are meant to used under pressure.
The pressure expands the tubing and helps seal it up.

Thanks,
I actually ended up rewrapping the threads with twice the amount of teflon tape and it appears to have fixed it!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back