DOS Power Supply Length?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the newer DOS units come with a longer power supply cord? Both my 2020 units have like a 3 foot power cable and I need one that’s a bit longer.

Not a single retailer lists the length of the cord on the 24v 36w power supply for these.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the newer DOS units come with a longer power supply cord? Both my 2020 units have like a 3 foot power cable and I need one that’s a bit longer.

Not a single retailer lists the length of the cord on the 24v 36w power supply for these.
I don't think so, but it's a standard 24v adapter so you should be able to find something 3rd party. Another alternative is just to use a longer 1LINK cable which provides DC power and connectivity (can be connected to a Trident or EB832 energy bar).

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing you can't solve with an extension cord ? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The 1Link cables are quite hard to get a hold off these days, at least here in the UK! Hopefully you'll have more luck over there.. :)

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still striking out on this. The jack is 3.75mm and all I can find is 3.5mm. Seems silly to buy a 1link for $100+ when all I need is an extra foot of power cord!

Sure an extension cord would solve it but that’s a crappy fix.

e-sully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, if you have an EB832, Trident, or 1Link module, the easiest approach is to use a 1Link cable. You don't need a separate power supply this way. I use third party cables found online as opposed to from Neptune. You can buy any length since they use a standard 4 pin molex connectors. This one, for example, is 16.4 feet. Seems to be in stock.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you that’s very obvious but I don’t have an 832, trident, or 1link.

Jelbin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   3   0
try to contact them and ask the lenght before order another one elsewhere

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This one is 5 feet if that helps

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is 5 feet if that helps

DANG that does help thanks Ryan. I suppose I should have just called them but who needs that when you have internet friends!

To anyone wondering in the future, I could not find any barrel plugs listed as 3.75mm so I thought maybe they are rounding. Nope it is legit 3.75 and the only thing you can buy anywhere is 3.5mm or 4mm. I had a spare ac adapter with 3.5 and it does fit and make good connection as the negative terminal on the DOS is just a spring tab that pushes on the outside of the plug.

Given the new ones sold are longer I’ll just get that vs trying to source a quality one.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DANG that does help thanks Ryan. I suppose I should have just called them but who needs that when you have internet friends!

To anyone wondering in the future, I could not find any barrel plugs listed as 3.75mm so I thought maybe they are rounding. Nope it is legit 3.75 and the only thing you can buy anywhere is 3.5mm or 4mm. I had a spare ac adapter with 3.5 and it does fit and make good connection as the negative terminal on the DOS is just a spring tab that pushes on the outside of the plug.

Given the new ones sold are longer I’ll just get that vs trying to source a quality one.

Helps having a direct in to ask some questions once in a while :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

It was Kyle from BRS who located that for me so he gets all credit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back