DOS vs. Versa vs GHL 2.1 (or other?)

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of dosing pumps out there for a newbie to weed through. Curious to know what's everyone's favorite?

I know I'll have radion lights so I thought the Versa might be good to have, and I also heard that the DOS is super loud even though it's connected to the Neptune Apex.

I also saw Kamoer pumps and I like that they make a lot for the medical field and only make dosing pumps.

Any help is provided which brand I should focus my attention on!

Last edited:

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have both the Versa and the Dos. I use the Dos only for dosing so while it is louder then the Versa - it’s only on for a few minutes in total every day. I use Versa’s for AWC but I only run them at 35ml a minute and it’s not as loud as the Dos but you can still hear them humming a little while they run.

OP
OP
ajtomase

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the Versa and the Dos. I use the Dos only for dosing so while it is louder then the Versa - it’s only on for a few minutes in total every day. I use Versa’s for AWC but I only run them at 35ml a minute and it’s not as loud as the Dos but you can still hear them humming a little while they run.
Thanks, and what made you chose the those dosers for their specific purposes? If the Versa is quieter than the Dos, why not also use one for dosing?

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, and what made you chose the those dosers for their specific purposes? If the Versa is quieter than the Dos, why not also use one for dosing?
I chose the Dos for dosing because I can control it remotely when I’m not home. Coupled with the Trident it makes things very easy to monitor and adjust when I’m away.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I ran DOS pumps years ago with Apex Fusion, before migrating to a cal reactor. Can highly recommend DOS.

They're very dependable, last a long time, and super accurate.
Don't think the Versa would last as long, hope the bugs are gone with E-Tech's app???

Good luck!

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran DOS pumps years ago with Apex Fusion, before migrating to a cal reactor. Can highly recommend DOS.

They're very dependable, last a long time, and super accurate.
Don't think the Versa would last as long, hope the bugs are gone with E-Tech's app???

Good luck!
I’ve been using the Versa’s since their early release. If it had not been for their outstanding support I would have left a long time ago. They replaced both of my Versa’s several times. I can say that (in my opinion) they have worked the bugs out. But I know not everyone might agree with me. I previously ran a CalRx and used a 3rd Versa to feed it and it worked very well for that application.
Yes you read that correctly I’m probably the only person that went backwards from a CalRx to dosing lol.

calimako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Second the dos. Love it. Super accurate. And you can pair with trident to keep things super stable. Cons are, a little loud and you need to buy two pairs of your dosing more than alk /ca

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Apex and I love how easy the DOS is to setup and control. I've had other dosing pumps in the distant past where I had to figure out how many ML was in a Min, then adjust time and calculate change etc, it was a pain. I also found that those pumps often drifted over time, so my dosing would change eventually.

The DOS has been solid! I calibrated after a week or two of use and it's held within a few percent to that calibration. One of them is a couple years old, and I recently added a second for Triton about 4 months ago, and now I have the Trident! I'm looking forward to a new level of stability, and no more worried about a run away CA reactor or topoff failure with Kalk.

Whiskey

Back