DOS Water Changes

Susan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a preferred storage container to use when making the new saltwater, I plan on making 10 gallons at a time and an wondering if glass would be a better holding container than plastic for the fresh saltwater.
Thx in advance

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hope you are well,

I believe most use dosing containers or ATO reservoirs. I am not sure what glass or plastic you are referencing. Need to be careful with plastic to avoid the wrong ones that may leach chemicals. Glass would be ok. I hope that was answering your question

maybe someone that does the same system is around tonight

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food grade plastic containers have several advantages-cheap, etc. I order 5 gal FG buckets from Lowes

OP
OP
Susan22

Susan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I decided to pick up a 20 gallon high glass tank at Petco during the 1 dollar per gallon sale. Figured glass would be best, just going to put a piece of acrylic on the top part way to keep debris out and still have some room for pump and heater. I love this forum, everyone is so helpful and you learn alot from reading questions and answers from everyone. Thanks again

Cblair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using gamma vittles vault pet food containers. Have three of the 50lb ones. They hold about 13g of water. Made of food grade plastic. I believe they have a large one that holds around 20g.

OP
OP
Susan22

Susan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been using gamma vittles vault pet food containers. Have three of the 50lb ones. They hold about 13g of water. Made of food grade plastic. I believe they have a large one that holds around 20g.

That is awesome, never thought of that. I have the slanted vault version for my dog food. Love it!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.2%
Back