Doser 2.1 head won't turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also using the GHL 2.1 doser. Two of the pump covers all grinded up on the inside and seized. Stopped dosing my alk. RTN half my sps corals. The other two pumps makes all sort of noises. I tried to contact GHL by email, phone and opened a ticket, no reply. Their support is non-existent. Terrible company. I read on other forums GHL dosers crashed thier tank and people cannot get any warranty service too.
I am surprised you haven't gotten through to customer service, they've always been prompt when I've needed them. Sorry to hear it.

wilsantiago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For over $430.00 I expected these covers to be way better. They should have recalled them and sent out replacements as they probably cost pennies to make this cheap plastic. Nothing but issues for my 2.1 doser starting with the broken plastic pieces. Then 3 pump heads only turn half way and get stuck while the motors are humming trying to turn. I gave up on it about 1 year ago and bought a nice calcium reactor. I have a bad taste right now from GHL. Would like to love their products but I have my reservations. On another note, I was using a Jebao 4 head doser for about 2 years and never had an issue. I paid under 75.00 for it. Go figure.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For over $430.00 I expected these covers to be way better. They should have recalled them and sent out replacements as they probably cost pennies to make this cheap plastic. Nothing but issues for my 2.1 doser starting with the broken plastic pieces. Then 3 pump heads only turn half way and get stuck while the motors are humming trying to turn. I gave up on it about 1 year ago and bought a nice calcium reactor. I have a bad taste right now from GHL. Would like to love their products but I have my reservations. On another note, I was using a Jebao 4 head doser for about 2 years and never had an issue. I paid under 75.00 for it. Go figure.

Hummmmm i am in the Market for a new Doser but this got me thinking...

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is solved in the new models as I know it. It was a problem in the first 2.1 serie around 2018. I got my exchange part for free. Now I always have some spare parts available because I own three units from early 2018. I only wish that GHL could send with the two tiny screws with the service pack. For a 70 years old dude with bad eyes it is a hell to find the screws when they follow Murphy's law when you try to replace the cover with the pumps still in the cabinet. :D

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is solved in the new models as I know it. It was a problem in the first 2.1 serie around 2018. I got my exchange part for free. Now I always have some spare parts available because I own three units from early 2018. I only wish that GHL could send with the two tiny screws with the service pack. For a 70 years old dude with bad eyes it is a hell to find the screws when they follow Murphy's law when you try to replace the cover with the pumps still in the cabinet. :D

Sincerely Lasse

Thanks for the feedback...

Back