Doser 2.1 Roller Grease/Dust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My higher use rollers are starting to get a dark dusty greasy material on them. I removed the blue shroud and tried to clean them up. Can I remove the rollers too to get better access to cleaning them?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the rollers just slide out. To reinstall them it’s best to rotate the rollers so the one you are installing is not pinching line. Basically you want the install roller in the 6 o'clock position.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean every 3 months and replace every 12, but if you use the doser for high volumes then increase the frequency. (I don’t know what’s considered high volumes)

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you cleaning the metal pump spindle? I assume the black greasy material is transferring from there.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The maintenance routine for the caps and rollers all depend on how much the heads are used. The longer they run per cycle, the more often they should be cleaned. If the caps and rollers start to get excess buildup of dust and they are not cleaned, it will wear down the parts even sooner.

Cleaning can be done every 1-3 months or whenever dust begins to build up behind the cap.
The motor shaft can be wiped down just before reassembly.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you'd like, you can put a thin layer of vaseline on the plastic shafts that hold the 3 rollers in-place.
Just make sure to NOT get any on the motor shaft.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you'd like, you can put a thin layer of vaseline on the plastic shafts that hold the 3 rollers in-place.
Just make sure to NOT get any on the motor shaft.
I wonder if Triflow Synthetic grease would be better on the plastics than petroleum jelly products like Vaseline. I found that Petroleum jelly would break down and cause problems with rubber materiel like the hoses inside the dosers. For the last 30 years I have used Triflow on plastic, rubber, neoprene and non-metalic gears and it lasts and works very well. I wouldn't trust any other grease or lube on plastics.
The items I used this stuff on are RC cars, helicopters, planes and drones. All the servos get this stuff in them. It's heavily used in the competitive RC world.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back