DOSER and AQUAforest Component 1+2+3+

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I switched from Red Sea to Aquaforest (AQ) this past weekend on a 120g mixed reef with/Eshopps ADV 200 Sump. I am not sure how to read the values on the Reef calculator on aquaforest website; especially MG. My current levels are 1383 and I want to raise it to 1390. According to the AF calculator, I have to dose 2127 ml according to the online calculator. Is this really true, that I have to dose that much all in ONE day? Seems excessive. Please let me know where i am going wrong on this one. The calculator is listed below:

aq1.png aq2.png

Last edited:

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly you are essentially right where you want to be I wouldn’t worry about raising your Mag by 7. Just figure out your daily Alk consumption and you dose the same amount for Ca and Mg.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your total water volume? Did you enter it in gallons or liters?

Agree that 7 is within the margin of error and wouldn’t worry to much.
HI, it is a 120g with a Eshopps ADV 200 sump; estimated at 125g with rock and equipment displacement..in US gallons.

Andy429

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your test kit won’t even have an accuracy with in 7! and even if it could there would be need to chase within that margin.

as far as the calculator goes, I’m guessing there is an issue with the entered aquarium volume.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your values are wrong in the calculator. You've asked it to raise alkalinity from 8.44 to 850.

None of the changes you are asking are big enough for a test kit to distinguish.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently also considering switching to aquaforest. And I don't understand the dosing, on the site calculator its giving me crazy numbers. From what I understood you adjust the dose towards the one with the least consumption, and its not made to raise levels but to maintain them. how would I know the dose if the calculator is functioning based on adjustments?
1653153822554.png

if @Aquaforest can please explain it to me it would be massively appreciated.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back