Doser issue

jjordan1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I know its one of those super cheap Jebao doser and you get what you paid for.
I'm hoping maybe somebody here can offer some advice.

I'm only using it for cal and alk. its maybe 6 months old. it seems like its working on the schedule parameters I want except its not pushing anything out. I can tell the pump itself works because every time I push the manual dose button eventually something comes out. But then the next day I check it again and there's nothing until I press the manual button.

Any thoughts?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had air accumulating in my tubing - do you see any bubbles or delay when you hit "Manual"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jjordan1904

jjordan1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had air accumulating in my tubing - do you see any bubbles or delay when you hit "Manual"?

ya it does take maybe 20 seconds or so for anything to come out. have you been able to fix it?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it's not holding the fluid in the tube when the pump isn't running. How are is the pump away from the holding containers? Is the tubing run more vertical or horizontal?

OP
OP
jjordan1904

jjordan1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from the alk/cal containers it runs vertical about a foot up then its another 2 feet straight into the sump
the containers are directly below the doser.

kv69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it draining back into the reservoir when you stop holding the manual button?

OP
OP
jjordan1904

jjordan1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep it does, very slowly but I'm sure when allowed to sit long enough the tube will empty...so thanks everybody for helping identify the problem but hmmmm how to fix that?

OP
OP
jjordan1904

jjordan1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess find better placement so that the canisters come out level or above the doser even. That's what I get for using a cheap doser I guess lol

kv69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be your tubing... I use the hard tubing instead of the silicone tubing. If it doesn't have an airtight seal, it will drain back to your reservoir.

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess find better placement so that the canisters come out level or above the doser even. That's what I get for using a cheap doser I guess lol
I had the same problem with my jebao dose. It took me a week of fulling around with it before it started running good. I don't know what I really did but it has been running for nine months now with no problems. Sorry I didn't have a real answer but just hang in there and it will work.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to use check valves....but I'm a little surprised your pumps can't hold against that little siphon.

(You have a different problem than what I had...I was getting something degassing out of my dosing solution and the microbubbles that would form would eventually accumulate to the point that doses weren't complete or weren't getting done at all.)

OP
OP
jjordan1904

jjordan1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so I had some left over hard tubing that came with my BRS RODI. I switched to that. I put a small check valve on the end sitting inside the container and I taped up the other end of the tube that connects to the Dose, to make sure no additional air was getting in...

not sure which one of those solutions worked but so far so good!

just wanted to say thanks everybody for the assistance.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two jeboa pumps, what I did is use a combination of the above suggestions. I used the ridged tubing in my dosing containers and the tubing is about an inch above the lids of the containers. Then used airline connector with regular airline tubing to the pumps. From the pump to the my tank I also use air line tubing. What I did with the with the ridged tubing, I heated up one end of the tubing and stuck the airline connector in the heated part of the tubing to form the tight seal. The hooked up the air line tubing. if you are using old airline toss it and use new. You never know there might be a pin hole in the line.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8Q1KD0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
Buy this little check valve and it will keep fluids from leak back into your reservoir also mark each line so you know which line is which. This comes in handy when you have a plugged outlet line and you open up where the pump is to white calcium all over the inside of the cabinet. This is what I dealt with at 5 am one morning before I left for work.:) Thank goodness I had marked each pump with what it delivered as well as each line so I knew which one was causing the issue.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the rollers in the pump heads.
Over time they flatten out and do not apply the force to pinch the tubing.
They are cheap to get and easy to replace

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back