Doser Stand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Suggestion for a new product!

My doser is on a shelf in the cabinet. It needs to be raised so that the lines don't get kinked out of the pump heads.

Assuming the price was reasonable, I think it would be great if we could buy an empty case (like the expansion box but with no electronics) to be able to lift the doser by an inch or so. I have no idea how much the cases cost but if it could be done for about $30 then I would buy one.

Until then, I will keep it sitting on a cardboard box ;)

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This might sound silly, but hear me out.

Build one out of Legos.

Not silly at all but have you seen the price of Lego? GHL is probably cheaper :D

I'm looking for something that can sit on the shelf, rather than a wall mount. I'm sure I'll find a million suitable things in Target but it would be nice if there was a GHL product that would make it work as designed. It's fine if it's on the edge of the shelf with the tubes dangling over, or mounted on a bracket similar to the link, but if it is just resting on a shelf then I'm concerned that the lines will get kinked. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing and it's fine as is, but I can't find any pictures of anyone else running it flat on a shelf.

I've even considered just turning the whole doser upside down!!

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not silly at all but have you seen the price of Lego? GHL is probably cheaper :D

I'm looking for something that can sit on the shelf, rather than a wall mount. I'm sure I'll find a million suitable things in Target but it would be nice if there was a GHL product that would make it work as designed. It's fine if it's on the edge of the shelf with the tubes dangling over, or mounted on a bracket similar to the link, but if it is just resting on a shelf then I'm concerned that the lines will get kinked. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing and it's fine as is, but I can't find any pictures of anyone else running it flat on a shelf.

I've even considered just turning the whole doser upside down!!
That too... then just switch the bottom and top covers and the logo will be on top.

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built these out of a trim board. $20 and some white paint. Waiting on my ION Director.

I did try Legos and it was going to be way more than $20 and it kept breaking apart.

Attachments

• 20211121_184846.jpg
    20211121_184846.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211121_184911.jpg
    20211121_184911.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 47

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back