Dosing eight.four, ions, calcification help

Blue_thumb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
27
Location
North Augusta
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to dosing. (Second week) I am using the products above by aquavitro. My pH consistently runs on lower side 7.88-7.95 which wasn’t a big concern but feel I have room to increase. I wanted to increase my calcium and mag. Process I used was to measure and dose daily what I wanted to increase over the week. My calcium and mag came up nicely (goal 440 and 1350). But my pH only rises and falls while alkalinity started to increase. So I stopped dosing the eight.four two days ago because I’m unsure. So many opinions on the interwebs about alkalinity. My pH number show in the first pic is from Wednesday testing. I saw on my Seneye that the pH dropped to 7.88 right after dosing for mag (which is all I planned to dose this week after Wednesdays testing. Help understanding chemistry and interactions of these chemicals. I welcome any advice also.

IMG_4948.jpeg IMG_4947.png IMG_0386.jpeg
 
If you want to raise pH, 8.4 is not an optimal product. A carbonate only product will give a larger rise.
 
I generally recommend 7-11 dKh, but 12 dKH is OK as long as you have sufficient N and P (which you do) to prevent burnt tips on some SPS corals. Other levels look fine. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new