Dosing from a Acropower bottle

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extra doser pump I can use. I want to hook it up to Acropower the huge bottle.

Whats the best way to add a long container or use the Acropower container? Drill a whole and drop a straw?

Any ideas, I know you all have some!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose directly from a 1g bottle. I just drilled a hole in the cap for the dosing tube and pushed the tube to the bottom of the bottle.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose directly from a 1g bottle. I just drilled a hole in the cap for the dosing tube and pushed the tube to the bottom of the bottle.
Seems to be easy enough lol. Do you dose Acropower? It says 20ml weekly. Do you do more?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be easy enough lol. Do you dose Acropower? It says 20ml weekly. Do you do more?

My nitrates are very low, barely detectable so I’ve been dosing daily. Start weekly then you can increase. If you have enough nutrients I wouldn’t overdo it amino acids will increase nitrates and there’s not all that much evidence to show it’s a much more useful source of nitrates...

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates are very low, barely detectable so I’ve been dosing daily. Start weekly then you can increase. If you have enough nutrients I wouldn’t overdo it amino acids will increase nitrates and there’s not all that much evidence to show it’s a much more useful source of nitrates...

Acropower raises nitrates? Maybe thats why I been having high nitrates and cant figure it out..

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropower raises nitrates? Maybe thats why I been having high nitrates and cant figure it out..

If not consumed it will break down like most foods into ammonia (NH3) and eventually NO3. Fish and the inverts will eat some of what the corals don't and excrete it as NH3 - and then the bacteria will do their thing - NH3- NO2 - NO3.

Turn off your skimmer and pumps when feeding, give the corals time to eat, them turn the pumps and skimmer back on to remove the excess (change filter socks every 2-3 days). I have my powerheads turn back on 10 minutes before the pumps to keep the food suspended and circulated for the corals.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut the end of the dosing tube on a 45 degree angle to avoid suction stopping it working.

Great tip!

Thanks. I'll give all these a try but now knowing it raises my Nitrates im going to does low. I think Acropower has helped my sps jump start for sure. Just been trying to figure out why my Nitrates have been high and it might be because of this lol

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back