Dosing help needed

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 120g saltwater tank and what's the ratio of salt to water to add? If that's clear enough lol
Another reason why this does not work to ask this question is because of the variables of rock and sand displacement In the actual tank. So one persons 100 gallons to 20 lbs of salt may be another persons 92 gallons and 18lbs of salt due to having more rock. Anyways hope this answers your question

OP
OP
S

snakemau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of thoughts on dosing:
  • You should match your target parameters to your salt mix so water changes keep your parameters stable
  • You should only dose things you are measuring based on actual consumption
  • Ca/Alk are consumed almost balanced...so you should target balanced dosing
  • Dosing pH buffers will unbalanced your tank
Correct and I was thinking on using bionic 2 part but it doesn’t to Mg, and I know is not much what’s needed but going the brs pharma allows me for that, but yes will keep it balanced per usage, thanks!

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct and I was thinking on using bionic 2 part but it doesn’t to Mg, and I know is not much what’s needed but going the brs pharma allows me for that, but yes will keep it balanced per usage, thanks!

If your not doing Kalkwasser, I recommend looking at All-for-reef. It's a balanced single dose product.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already got it! Even got the wheels for it…if it works….got a 300w heater and a Tunze turbelle 6045 for mixing
Fair warning on the wheels before I bought my 250 gallon rotos was using the 40 gallons brutes with wheels in basement thank god was carefully rolling can about 7 feet from one tank to next so I can pump water out to fill after drain and the caster gave out literally ripped out of the plastic caster base and of coarse can fell to ground about 35 gallons everywhere. Those wheels meant to be on bottom of can used for trash not 800lbs of water just an fyi :)

OP
OP
S

snakemau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair warning on the wheels before I bought my 250 gallon rotos was using the 40 gallons brutes with wheels in basement thank god was carefully rolling can about 7 feet from one tank to next so I can pump water out to fill after drain and the caster gave out literally ripped out of the plastic caster base and of coarse can fell to ground about 35 gallons everywhere. Those wheels meant to be on bottom of can used for trash not 800lbs of water just an fyi :)
Yep that’s why I was saying if they work…I will be careful and thanks for the advice! Hope the 35 gals of water didn’t messed up too much in the house! I know my wife will kill me…after I clean the mess….lol!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that’s why I was saying if they work…I will be careful and thanks for the advice! Hope the 35 gals of water didn’t messed up too much in the house! I know my wife will kill me…after I clean the mess….lol!
Luckily unfinished basement concrete floor. Squeegee into drain and rinse with hose. Makes great spot for sump because they are messy aswell

OP
OP
S

snakemau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily unfinished basement concrete floor. Squeegee into drain and rinse with hose. Makes great spot for sump because they are messy aswell
Oh nice! Mine is in the living room, so wood floors, carpets, furniture, dogs….yeah…,but let’s be positive and careful wheeling the brute!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice! Mine is in the living room, so wood floors, carpets, furniture, dogs….yeah…,but let’s be positive and careful wheeling the brute!
It will be fine at first but over time the plastic socket that the casters sit in start to elongate causing play then will let go. If it was me maybe 1x a year I would replace the wheel assy. Anyways good luck and positive vibes :)

OP
OP
S

snakemau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine at first but over time the plastic socket that the casters sit in start to elongate causing play then will let go. If it was me maybe 1x a year I would replace the wheel assy. Anyways good luck and positive vibes :)
Thanks will do! And same to you!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back