Dosing I and Sr in other dosing containers

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was another thread which someone suggested dosing aminos via the ATO. I love this idea/have been doing it and seeing great results in my SPS corals. My question is has anyone ever combined Brightwell I and Sr into say, calcium or alk doser (I'm using BRS 2 part in a DOS)? Or maybe into ATO with aminos?

Heading out of town soon for the holidays and wanted to try this out before leaving. I didn't want to have to get yet another set of dosers, if possible.

Thanks!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not add anything to your ATO that might encourage algae or bacterial growth... no organics. RO is best, but sometimes some baking soda or salt is OK.

Also, do not automate anything that you are not sure if it is going to work. Add the aminos and other stuff by hand for a while until you see how everything reacts.

No changes before leaving town.

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not add anything to your ATO that might encourage algae or bacterial growth... no organics. RO is best, but sometimes some baking soda or salt is OK.

Also, do not automate anything that you are not sure if it is going to work. Add the aminos and other stuff by hand for a while until you see how everything reacts.

No changes before leaving town.

So far I have not had any issues with adding the aminos to the ATO. It makes my life so much easier and my corals are coming back from whatever issue was going on end of the summer. The ATO does get cleaned as well as the box, so I am not concerned there.

As far as going out of town, it's not for almost 2.5 weeks, so there will be no last minute changes. Just wanted to get folks take on if they have automated anything else like the aminos. Otherwise, I and Sr I add by hand.

Back