Dosing I and Sr in other dosing containers

InkedReefLady

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
246
Reaction score
349
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was another thread which someone suggested dosing aminos via the ATO. I love this idea/have been doing it and seeing great results in my SPS corals. My question is has anyone ever combined Brightwell I and Sr into say, calcium or alk doser (I'm using BRS 2 part in a DOS)? Or maybe into ATO with aminos?

Heading out of town soon for the holidays and wanted to try this out before leaving. I didn't want to have to get yet another set of dosers, if possible.

Thanks!
 
I would not add anything to your ATO that might encourage algae or bacterial growth... no organics. RO is best, but sometimes some baking soda or salt is OK.

Also, do not automate anything that you are not sure if it is going to work. Add the aminos and other stuff by hand for a while until you see how everything reacts.

No changes before leaving town.
 
I would not add anything to your ATO that might encourage algae or bacterial growth... no organics. RO is best, but sometimes some baking soda or salt is OK.

Also, do not automate anything that you are not sure if it is going to work. Add the aminos and other stuff by hand for a while until you see how everything reacts.

No changes before leaving town.


So far I have not had any issues with adding the aminos to the ATO. It makes my life so much easier and my corals are coming back from whatever issue was going on end of the summer. The ATO does get cleaned as well as the box, so I am not concerned there.

As far as going out of town, it's not for almost 2.5 weeks, so there will be no last minute changes. Just wanted to get folks take on if they have automated anything else like the aminos. Otherwise, I and Sr I add by hand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new