Dosing Kalk, kh is good, ph not increasing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brah02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brah02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
408
Reaction score
203
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ph runs about 7.5-7.7, I started dosing kalk via my ATO a few weeks ago, but I don’t think my tank is using enough kalk to raise ph effectively. My tank isn’t close to a window or door otherwise I’d run tubing from the skimmer but alas that isn’t feasible.

What else can I try to keep ph over 8?
 
My ph runs about 7.5-7.7, I started dosing kalk via my ATO a few weeks ago, but I don’t think my tank is using enough kalk to raise ph effectively. My tank isn’t close to a window or door otherwise I’d run tubing from the skimmer but alas that isn’t feasible.

What else can I try to keep ph over 8?
How are you testing pH? Are you breathing heavily into the tank? lol.
 
My ph runs about 7.5-7.7, I started dosing kalk via my ATO a few weeks ago, but I don’t think my tank is using enough kalk to raise ph effectively. My tank isn’t close to a window or door otherwise I’d run tubing from the skimmer but alas that isn’t feasible.

What else can I try to keep ph over 8?
How are you testing pH? Are you breathing heavily into the tank, lol.
Just a simple titration test, I don’t have a ph monitor or anything
 
I started using the BRS CO2 scrubber and my pH easily hits 8.3. I also know that if I keep my window open, my pH will go to 8.2 or so but my wife won’t let me drill a hole through the wall for a fresh air port. You may have more flexibility.
 
I started using the BRS CO2 scrubber and my pH easily hits 8.3. I also know that if I keep my window open, my pH will go to 8.2 or so but my wife won’t let me drill a hole through the wall for a fresh air port. You may have more flexibility.
+1. Beat me to it.
 
Just a simple titration test, I don’t have a ph monitor or anything

That’s probably a simple misuse of the word, but pH is never a titration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new