dosing kalk

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so got a avast marine k1 stirrer to dose kalk got my ecotech versa as well so i filled up the stirrer with ro and added 2 cups kalk let it mix adding 1 cup and wating 30 minutes to add the 2nd cup finally its done programmed the versa to dose 2000ml of ro to the stirrer by continous over a 24 hour period i see no difference in ph boost or alk looking to use it as well to replenish my evaporated water is there something im doing wrong i evaporate around 2 gallons a day

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so got a avast marine k1 stirrer to dose kalk got my ecotech versa as well so i filled up the stirrer with ro and added 2 cups kalk let it mix adding 1 cup and wating 30 minutes to add the 2nd cup finally its done programmed the versa to dose 2000ml of ro to the stirrer by continous over a 24 hour period i see no difference in ph boost or alk looking to use it as well to replenish my evaporated water is there something im doing wrong i evaporate around 2 gallons a day

2 tsp per gallon is fully saturated, and as long as it’s mixed up it should be good. I dose about 4,000mL to my 105/G daily. If you have a large system you may need more to raise pH or Alk. It should move a little no matter what if you’re AlK is stable right now unless you have a 1,000 gallon system. How long have you been dosing?

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its about 3 weeks im trying to use the kalk and keep my evaporated water in the sump up to par without using to separate buckets if that makes any sense is it possible

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your system? To lose 2gals of water due to evap you must either have a huge tank or in a really dry environment. dosing 2L a day is no where near enough. Keep testing your water parameter daily and adjust the dosage until your parameter stabilizes.

I dose 2L of kalc a day to my 110gal and it just matches my evap rate.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back