Dosing neonito question

asydabass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While reading other threads I saw mention that dosing neonitro could make your phosphate levels decrease. Could someone explain this to me?

I’ve been dosing nitrates at a cautious level (adding .5-1 daily) without seeing the results I’m looking for. I think it’s time to up my dosage until I can get a reading. My phosphate levels are right where I want them and want to be prepared if upping my neonitro dose will affect them.

Thanks,
-Don

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While reading other threads I saw mention that dosing neonitro could make your phosphate levels decrease. Could someone explain this to me?

I’ve been dosing nitrates at a cautious level (adding .5-1 daily) without seeing the results I’m looking for. I think it’s time to up my dosage until I can get a reading. My phosphate levels are right where I want them and want to be prepared if upping my neonitro dose will affect them.

Thanks,
-Don

If nitrogen availability is limiting the growth of organisms such as microalgae, macroalgae, and corals, then adding more nitrate may reduce that limitation, and they may grow more, reducing phosphate and a variety of trace elements (e.g., iron and manganese) that may take up as they grow.

OP
OP
asydabass

asydabass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Randy! That’s an extraordinarily logical reason, haha.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back