Dosing oump crashed while on vacation

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So while I was on vacation my dosing pump decided to knock off. I was gone 12 days and who knows how long it was down but EVERYTHING was wayyy down so I would say it was atleast a week. My ALK was at 4.3 CAL at 313. I have since ordered and fixed the dosing pump problem. But during that time it faded my colors tremendously on my coral. I am wondering how long, with stable conditions back, will ot take for them to color back up and is there something I can do to boost this process. It's saddening to look at Thanks for any input in advance.

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So while I was on vacation my dosing pump decided to knock off. I was gone 12 days and who knows how long it was down but EVERYTHING was wayyy down so I would say it was atleast a week. My ALK was at 4.3 CAL at 313. I have since ordered and fixed the dosing pump problem. But during that time it faded my colors tremendously on my coral. I am wondering how long, with stable conditions back, will ot take for them to color back up and is there something I can do to boost this process. It's saddening to look at Thanks for any input in advance.

Sorry for the photo bombers

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's was a cheapo, Hygger 4 head. I think I learned my valuable lesson as the 2 things I cut corners on were the dosing pump and return pump at the start of my build. Got a year out of them and both have been replaced now. Got a Current USA 1900 gph return pump and just installed a Red Sea 4.1 dosing pump!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back