Dosing Phosphates?

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
390
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've read that you need some phophates for a biopellet reactor to actually work. My phosphates are undetectable and nitrates are 20ish. I was planning on dosing to .03 ppm. Anyone have any advice on the best way to do this? Thank you.
 
That seems like a fine plan. I’d buy some sort of sodium or potassium phosphate, preferably food grades or ACS reagent grade.
 
I use trisodium phosphate ACS reagent grade from Amazon. I take 2 tablespoons of crystals and dissolve it into 1 gallon of RODI. I dose about .5 to 2 tablespoons per day in a 300 gallon tank. There are about 15 ml per tablespoon. I keep my tank at about .03 ppm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new