Dosing pump 2head vs 4head

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been dosing by hand forever but never at a consistant rate usually a few times a week. Now I'm trying to get more serious and would like to get a doser for part a and b. I could still dose mag by hand but automatic would be cool.

So I guess my question is which dosing pump to get 2 or 4 head?

im looking at the new red sea dosing pump. Any and all suggestions will help me thank you!

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd get the Red Sea 4 head. It's like $250 for the 2 head but for another $100 you get 2 more heads. You want to dose A & B for now but you'll be looking to dose alk & cal soon. It's not the cheapest but less than other higher end dosers.

I've had it running for about a month now. I like it so far. It's built well, good heads and so far no troubles with the app nor getting it connected initially. I can't hear it running unless I have my head under the stand. I would highly recommend their tubing kit too.

I have the Neptune DOS also (which was replaced by the Red Sea) and I'm in the process of relegating it to auto water change duty in the basement so I won't be able to hear it. lol

Sawyer Breslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bough two kamoer x1 pros when I started dosing two part. Nice thing about the kamoer is you can daisy chain up to 4 on one power supply.
That being said if you are really set on the Red Sea I would go with 4. I’m already introducing carbon dosing, trace elements, ab+ and phyto.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd get the Red Sea 4 head. It's like $250 for the 2 head but for another $100 you get 2 more heads. You want to dose A & B for now but you'll be looking to dose alk & cal soon. It's not the cheapest but less than other higher end dosers.

I've had it running for about a month now. I like it so far. It's built well, good heads and so far no troubles with the app nor getting it connected initially. I can't hear it running unless I have my head under the stand. I would highly recommend their tubing kit too.

I have the Neptune DOS also (which was replaced by the Red Sea) and I'm in the process of relegating it to auto water change duty in the basement so I won't be able to hear it. lol
Tried the DOS for water changes, still could hear it in the basement. Switched to versa, which are quiet.

OP
OP
thatmanMIKEson

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your right about getting the 4! I'm glad u like it I think its getting some good reviews im pretty confident in the investment.

Thank you

OP
OP
thatmanMIKEson

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bough two kamoer x1 pros when I started dosing two part. Nice thing about the kamoer is you can daisy chain up to 4 on one power supply.
That being said if you are really set on the Red Sea I would go with 4. I’m already introducing carbon dosing, trace elements, ab+ and phyto.
Your right also about getting 4 from the start, and I also dose ab+ and phyto by hand, do you have them refrigerated for dosing? I thought about doing something w/refrigeration for those but thats allot for only 2 supplements.

Sawyer Breslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right also about getting 4 from the start, and I also dose ab+ and phyto by hand, do you have them refrigerated for dosing? I thought about doing something w/refrigeration for those but thats allot for only 2 supplements.
My ab+ is in the fridge. It should be good for a week at a time out of the fridge. As for the phyto I use brightwell and it doesn’t have to be refrigerated. It would need to be stirred or shaken so I’m looking into some auto stirring for that.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been dosing by hand forever but never at a consistant rate usually a few times a week. Now I'm trying to get more serious and would like to get a doser for part a and b. I could still dose mag by hand but automatic would be cool.

So I guess my question is which dosing pump to get 2 or 4 head?

im looking at the new red sea dosing pump. Any and all suggestions will help me thank you!
Inexpensive works great. Was waiting on Ecotech doser and bought this. But it works great. 24 daily setting max

Attachments

• 1F47FD5D-1EE9-429F-98FC-C52124A40CFC.png
    1F47FD5D-1EE9-429F-98FC-C52124A40CFC.png
    464.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 855B955E-025A-4E41-BD63-DA4C8FB6E2ED.jpeg
    855B955E-025A-4E41-BD63-DA4C8FB6E2ED.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 6E59E6C4-61A3-47B5-8B3E-5FE5F6B346F5.jpeg
    6E59E6C4-61A3-47B5-8B3E-5FE5F6B346F5.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 58
  • B8CA777B-C89D-49B5-A880-A2721990D9A2.jpeg
    B8CA777B-C89D-49B5-A880-A2721990D9A2.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
thatmanMIKEson

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ab+ is in the fridge. It should be good for a week at a time out of the fridge. As for the phyto I use brightwell and it doesn’t have to be refrigerated. It would need to be stirred or shaken so I’m looking into some auto stirring for that.
ok thats a good way to do it!

OP
OP
thatmanMIKEson

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inexpensive works great. Was waiting on Ecotech doser and bought this. But it works great. 24 daily setting max
inexpensive is great, on this tool im going with the higher price hoping for more reliability. i also have been waiting on the ecotech pumps, but i dont think they will ever come back in stock, the price has gone up and they have still never came IN STOCK! it drives me crazy, so when the red sea came out i have been following along with it. the red sea dosing pumps have been getting good reviews so i think i will be going 4 head.

thanks for the help

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back