Dosing pump for 1gal water change

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on setting up a 1 gallon a day water change on my 50gal(total volume). The plan is to do it as 1 gallon out, then 1 gallon in. I have a Apex Classic, so the Dos is an option. I am just wondering what people thought are the best, at the best price.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use DOS for AWC. Alternatively, you can look into using the Kamoer AWC dosing system. They're pretty good - but again, if you want to use your Apex to control it, you really just have one option! :)

I use the Versa pumps on my three nano tanks for AWC. Works a treat!

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use DOS for AWC. Alternatively, you can look into using the Kamoer AWC dosing system. They're pretty good - but again, if you want to use your Apex to control it, you really just have one option! :)

I use the Versa pumps on my three nano tanks for AWC. Works a treat!
Yeah, I am leaning towards the Dos. I saw a thread, I think it was you, talking about the Reef Factory pro dosing pump. Do you by chance know if it is available in the United States? Looking for something that can does .2 ml with some accuracy.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I am leaning towards the Dos. I saw a thread, I think it was you, talking about the Reef Factory pro dosing pump. Do you by chance know if it is available in the United States? Looking for something that can does .2 ml with some accuracy.
It might very well have been me alright, I have four of them spinning in the house! :) I am very, very pleased with them- probably the best dosing pumps I have ever owned..

I have never tried them for AWC though, sure it can be done though! :) I don't think they are available on the US market yet though..

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might very well have been me alright, I have four of them spinning in the house! :) I am very, very pleased with them- probably the best dosing pumps I have ever owned..

I have never tried them for AWC though, sure it can be done though! :) I don't think they are available on the US market yet though..
It was not for AWC, I am going to try Zeovit and need to does something at .2ml 2x a day. Just looking for something that could do it.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was not for AWC, I am going to try Zeovit and need to does something at .2ml 2x a day. Just looking for something that could do it.
Then i'd have no questions what so ever, that's a very very good option! There's a couple of picturs in my build thread- happy to share more information as well in a PM.

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Champion Lighting is the US distributor for Reef Factory.
Thank you
Then i'd have no questions what so ever, that's a very very good option! There's a couple of picturs in my build thread- happy to share more information as well in a PM.
Is this the same one?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks. Didn’t look the same but said it could does as little as .01ml accurately. Wonder when they will be available in the US? Maybe I will send out a few emails.
Ask in the Reef Factory Family group on Facebook! :) Protasewicz Marek ; one of the founders are very active and always helpful!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back