Dosing Pump Head Keeps Falling Off?!

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been using the Bubble Magus BM-T11 for a few months now, and for the past few weeks one of the heads has been falling off every day or two! I know that it's secured properly with all of the clips on the back fully inserted. Photo 1, Photo 2, and Photo 3. It's the one I use for Calcium, and I'm only dosing a few milliliters per hours, but when this happens it also pumps a large amount of calcium into the sump. No issues with the one for Alk (pump 1) or the one for NOPOX (pump 3). Is this an issue with the head, and I just need to replace that? Or is it the motor? First time I've used a doing pump btw. What is going on here?!

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try swapping heads. That will tell you if motor or pump is bad. Either way, that is not right and I would be requesting warranty assistance (if it was a new unit)

OP
OP
P

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try swapping heads. That will tell you if motor or pump is bad. Either way, that is not right and I would be requesting warranty assistance (if it was a new unit)
Thanks. Yeah I just ordered a new head, so I'll try that. I bought it new, but it was a year ago. Only been using it for a few months. I did e-mail Seaside Aquatics (who I bought it from and registered it with), so we'll see what they say. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Seems weird.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yeah I just ordered a new head, so I'll try that. I bought it new, but it was a year ago. Only been using it for a few months. I did e-mail Seaside Aquatics (who I bought it from and registered it with), so we'll see what they say. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Seems weird.
Very weird. I have 2 of them and never had an issue w/pumps. They're notorious for not keeping the correct time, but that's my been my only issue w/them.

OP
OP
P

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very weird. I have 2 of them and never had an issue w/pumps. They're notorious for not keeping the correct time, but that's my been my only issue w/them.
That's funny because the time for mine has been spot on! I can walk in the room 5 seconds before it's supposed to pump and it's perfect haha!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back