Dosing pump, pull from long or short side?

garbled

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
772
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a dosing pump. I have a container of fluid to be dosed, and the sump. I can put the pump pretty much anywhere. Should the pump be closer to the container, and then pump a longer distance to the sump, or should it be closer to the sump and pull a long distance from container.

My gut feeling is the pump should be near the container?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new