Dosing pump recommendation

wtdenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I've been reading descriptions on new dosing pumps before I buy but some aren't specific enough so I need some advice from actual users.

I am looking for a dosing pump that will allow me to set a dosing schedule that will not automatically break up the doses evenly throughout the day. I want to be able to dose heavier at night. So I'd like the ability to create 24 doses per day but also customize each individual dose.

I just can't handle my Kamoer anymore due to the app. Do I have any alternatives?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can't handle my Kamoer anymore due to the app. Do I have any alternatives?
Following.
I recently purchased three kamoer F1 pumps to dose alk on three tanks. To say the app is disappointing is giving too much credit. I finaly got one working kind of but its going on the shelf with other why did I buy this equipment and the other 2 are being returned.

OP
OP
wtdenk

wtdenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following.
I recently purchased three kamoer F1 pumps to dose alk on three tanks. To say the app is disappointing is giving too much credit. I finaly got one working kind of but its going on the shelf with other why did I buy this equipment and the other 2 are being returned.
First it was the timeout issues, now it's giving password errors (i know my password) and when I give up and try to reset it bc that's the only option, it doesn't even send the SMS code after you click the button.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can suggest is to use two Dosers to do that. Use a Plug in Timer to shut one off during the day. I see plenty of the Non-WiFi Non- Bluetooth ones on Craig’s List and Facebook Marketplace.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First it was the timeout issues, now it's giving password errors (i know my password) and when I give up and try to reset it bc that's the only option, it doesn't even send the SMS code after you click the button.

For me it was setting the schedule. Sometimes it would take when I applied it other times not. Much of the time the app would not respond at all. I didn't even know it had the ability to message. I got too frustrated just trying to set up a schedule to even explore any other features.
I have been dosing manually on 3 tanks and just wanted the ability to be away longer than 24 if the need arises. Fortunately I only dose 2 part and just alk on 2 out of 3 tanks so its not difficult for me.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this for a reset/boot. Hold the Reset Button in, unplug the Doser. Slowly count to Ten, and plug the Doser Back in while the Reset Button is held in. Release the Reset, and check.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back