Dosing Pumps

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay just got my 2 part set up,Is it ok to run the pumps at the same time dosing Alk and calcium,I ran 1 line to drip on 1 side of the sump and the other on the other side..Id like to just run 1 timer for both and im looking at 30ml a day to start off with
Thanks
 
Arr you just using a regular day timer? My Doser will run 10 times a day if I need it to. If you are using a regular timer I would get two of them and put some time in between.
 
You could do that, but still run the risk of precipitation or abiotic calcification even if you run them on opposite sides of the sump. I would suggest two timers with separate settings. I have the BM dosing setup, and it's set to dose 24X a day. The calcium is dosed at the top of the hour and the alk 5 minutes later, with the outputs at opposite ends of the tank in front of powerheads.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new