dosing pumps

capnjack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a Apex EL and was going to add a dosing pump for my 125 gl. tank , noticed they range anywhere from $50 up like names Jebao and Kamoer without breaking my budget looking for suggestions of a moderate one to look for Thanks

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you loose power the kamoer x1 will stop working just saying. It was my first choice until I learned that. And it only takes a flash power outage to make it stop working.

Im trying a cheap Jabao first then may invest in a better one like the Red Sea.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not
If you loose power the kamoer x1 will stop working just saying. It was my first choice until I learned that. And it only takes a flash power outage to make it stop working.
Not completely true. The cheapest model x1 just doesn’t have a battery to remember the time, so when the power goes out it just starts the time over as though it was a new day at midnight. It’s just important to make sure you don’t set a dosage to start right at midnight.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer X1 best basic dosing pump, if you want something that’s going to integrate with your Apex though, you’ll definitely want to spring for the dos.

the Kamoer app works fine, but isn’t great

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not

Not completely true. The cheapest model x1 just doesn’t have a battery to remember the time, so when the power goes out it just starts the time over as though it was a new day at midnight. It’s just important to make sure you don’t set a dosage to start right at midnight.
If the power goes out the pumps completely stop working according to the several people ive asked. They said the pumps have an indicator that turns red and you have to open the app back up to reconnect. Then it will work again. This is what I was told and why I decided not to buy.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the power goes out the pumps completely stop working according to the several people ive asked. They said the pumps have an indicator that turns red and you have to open the app back up to reconnect. Then it will work again. This is what I was told and why I decided not to buy.
I do agree that the indicator led flashes red when it has lost time, but from what I understand it still continues to dose. I rarely ever open the app anymore and they seem to continue to dose my trace elements. Here is an answer I found on coral vues support page where they said that when power is lost it will start it schedule over again once power is restored, but will need connected to the app to adjust the time back.

Maybe to be sure one day I will pull mine out of the stand and unplug power and plug it back in to see what it does.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agree that the indicator led flashes red when it has lost time, but from what I understand it still continues to dose. I rarely ever open the app anymore and they seem to continue to dose my trace elements. Here is an answer I found on coral vues support page where they said that when power is lost it will start it schedule over again once power is restored, but will need connected to the app to adjust the time back.

Maybe to be sure one day I will pull mine out of the stand and unplug power and plug it back in to see what it does.
Yeah im so POed that it doesn’t hold memory. I want them. As 4 are cheaper than the red sea.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back