Dosing - Reefdose

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kraig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kraig

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2021
Messages
546
Reaction score
1,642
Location
St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a reefdose (2) and set it up last night. After setting up, I had alerts from both dosing heads that the supplement was running low and they wouldn't dose. I have plenty of liquid in the dosing containers. I'm guessing that it detects that by having air possibly in the tube coming from the dosing containers, but really don't know. I re-primed and calibrated both and everything was fine. Well, first thing this morning I had an alert that the ALK dosing liquid was out (not true) and it turned off the schedule. I thought possibly the end of the dosing tube was clogged (seemed way to soon for that), but it was not. I re-primed (liquid came out just fine and right away when I did this) and re-calibrated. It still told me that the ALK liquid was empty so I just turned that alert off. When I turned that off, it started dosing just fine.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening.

Also, should my dosing lines be taught to and from the dosing heads or does it matter if they have a little slack in them?

Thanks in advance for any help. This is my first time setting up a doser so I am still learning.
 
I have the same doser. My lines have slack. I'm guessing you're getting air in which activates the alert sensor. What reservoirs are you using?
 
You have to go to each individual heads, and plug in the number
 

Attachments

  • C20CB251-D5CF-4B60-A6F3-887F870EF33A.jpeg
    C20CB251-D5CF-4B60-A6F3-887F870EF33A.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 53
I have the same doser. My lines have slack. I'm guessing you're getting air in which activates the alert sensor. What reservoirs are you using?
I'm using voss water bottles. I ran quite a bit of liquid through when I primed the lines, but maybe not enough is the only thing I can think of.

I have the tubes going to the bottom of the containers and they are slightly coiled in the bottles and laying just a bit on the bottom. I also wonder, this being my first go at this, if those lines in the bottles should be more straight up and down instead of slightly coiled, not coiled all the way, just curving some through the bottle.
 
I'm using voss water bottles. I ran quite a bit of liquid through when I primed the lines, but maybe not enough is the only thing I can think of.

I have the tubes going to the bottom of the containers and they are slightly coiled in the bottles and laying just a bit on the bottom. I also wonder, this being my first go at this, if those lines in the bottles should be more straight up and down instead of slightly coiled, not coiled all the way, just curving some through the bottle.
Here is mine bottom right
 

Attachments

  • 20220703_202924.jpg
    20220703_202924.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 53
This, I did not know, and completely missed. Thank you, I think this should surely solve my issue.
Yeah the same thing happened to me the first time I set it up. Let me know if it solves your problem.:)
 
Yeah the same thing happened to me the first time I set it up. Let me know if it solves your problem.:)
I think it will. Changed it from 0 to approximately what is in the containers. I will have to measure how much is in there later so it will keep track more accurately for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new