Dosing Vibrant and Microbacter Clean?

Do you think it’s okay to dose both as I described?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Stick with the Vibrant

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Switch to the Microbacter Clean

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Dare, and dose more Vibrant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry don't know how to fix a typo on the post
[/QUOTE]
At the bottom of your post there should be an Edit button. Click that & you can change what you need.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is true for different strains of bacteria whether it’s anaerobic or aerobic bacteria. I believe Microbacter clean and vibrant are both anaerobic bacteria or ”dentifying” bacteria.
The only problem with denitrifying bacteria is that it's really hard for them to populate in our reef tanks I believe that's why we have to add it every week or every other week.

Dr Tim’s one and only is fantastic a i’ve used it many times I believe that is aerobic or ”nitrifying” bacteria.

I didn't use it this time as I wanted to try the dry rock fishless cycle kit from brightwell which came with ammonia, microbacter start XLM, and MicroBacter clean(how I got in the dilemma I'm in)

When it came time to use the microbacter clean I instead used vibrant because I believe they are the same just lots of speculation that vibrant is better and I'll like to find out myself.

I was talking about microbacter7 not microbacter clean. They are both denitrifyers. I spoke with someone at BRS they said they both were and that in their test they had better luck with microbacter7 then clean.

Also I said dr Tim's waste away. It's a completely different product then his one and only. It too is a denitrifyer. Like I said in my original comment, I've seen on here where many people dose multiple kinds.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant require minimum 3 to 6 months to see improvements.
This isn't the case. It would depend entirely on each system, but many see results before 3 months with small algae outbreaks. Huge outbreaks are more where you'd think this timescale would be more applicable

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't the case. It would depend entirely on each system, but many see results before 3 months with small algae outbreaks. Huge outbreaks are more where you'd think this timescale would be more applicable

Brs did a video that was over the course of I believe 8 weeks. But they saw results in about 2 to 3 weeks if I remember right

OP
OP
Shadows Reef

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs did a video that was over the course of I believe 8 weeks. But they saw results in about 2 to 3 weeks if I remember right
I would have to say everytime I start a new tank i’ve always started with new dry rock, and this time around with vibrant I've never had a tank go as long without algae as this one did, and even then it's not that bad. AND I've had the lights on since a week after cycling and my cycle was about a week and a half long with the fishless cycle.

The stuff definitely works can't put any doubts there.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 9 weeks, and yes most of their test tanks saw some form of result earlier, full eradication was usually around the 7-9 week mark, with 1 tank being on the mend but not fully recovered by 9 weeks

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back