Dosing vinegar

Discussion in 'Reef Chemistry by Randy Holmes-Farley' started by leepink23, Apr 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. leepink23

leepink23 Well-Known Member

I am waiting on my new trigger acrylic sump to come in and was wondering if it's safe to dose vinegar into the sump? I will have it on a dosing pump delivering 30 ml over 8 hours. I have read where you can't store vinegar in acrylic but wasn't sure about dosing because it will be very diluted.

Tags:

2. Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley Reef Chemist Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Article Contributor

That's no concern. You can probably also store it in acrylic, but can't see a reason you'd want to. lol

leepink23 likes this.
  3. leepink23

leepink23 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I planned on just using the bottle the vinegar comes in and drilling a hole in the top of it.

4. Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley Reef Chemist Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Article Contributor

That's exactly what I did, dosing from the 1 gallon plastic bottle with tubing running through a cut in the plastic lid.

peter fumo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted