Dosing Yeast

  • Thread starter Thread starter ksed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Cyano doesn't eat yeast, but it might well consume the organics that come from dead and decaying yeast cells. :)

Considering there's some good phosphates to feast on from the yeast....

I just wanted to rhyme :)


But this keeps getting brought up, yeast dosing, and I was very skeptical but now I'm not sure. I found my diatoms change to a green color under the microscope after applying some yeast. I have no idea what that means or implies but the yeast survived longer in saltwater then I expected and there was a reaction of some kind with the diatoms.

I will have to find that thread.
 
Nutritional values from that thread
Check out the nutritional values of bakers yeast

Screenshot_2016-08-04-07-36-50.png

That is per 100 grams
 
Its been suggested Mark weiss "Reef Bugs" have a large ammount of bacterias and brewers yeasts.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new