dosing

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys silly question here. I currently am dosing 2 part and have an alk of 8 and cal of 448
if i want to raise my alk to 9 do I simply just hand dose to the number i want or will i need to ajust my dosing level as well levels up as well?

and if I do need to increase what is the best formula to use for that i'm currently dosing 150ML a day of each

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose just alk to bring it up to the level you want, but you want to do it over the course of a couple days. So do your regular dosing, but dose just a little more of alk until it gets to the level you want :)

OP
OP
D

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose just alk to bring it up to the level you want, but you want to do it over the course of a couple days. So do your regular dosing, but dose just a little more of alk until it gets to the level you want :)
so I'm hand dosing the extra? and I shouldn't need to increase my dose once I get to my target and yes I will do it over time

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adjust the dosing higher in order to achieve it. Like Crabs said, you would want it to occur over a few day period to not stress/shock the corals. Depending on the size of the tank and the amount of corals would dictate how much to increase the daily dosing.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I'm hand dosing the extra? and I shouldn't need to increase my dose once I get to my target and yes I will do it over time
Correct, hand dose the extra to bring your level up, once you get it to the level you want, your current dosing should maintain that level

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

you may need more every day to keep it higher. Higher alk gives higher daily demand.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what i figured too. I just adjust the dosing and keep testing every few days until i get to the point I want my parameters at. Now I use a salt that matches my parameters and just have to change the dosing as my needs increase. Just up the dosing and continue testing once every day or two and adjust from there. It would be the easiest on the coral rather than throwing a heavily saturated amount at time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back