Dottyback

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that was the biggest little bully I've ever owned. Nasty little guy. Used a bottle trap and returned him asap.

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that was the biggest little bully I've ever owned. Nasty little guy. Used a bottle trap and returned him asap.
Horrible arent they bullys everything in my tank and he seems to just want all the territory im close to just putting a line and hook in

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible arent they bullys everything in my tank and he seems to just want all the territory im close to just putting a line and hook in
Come to think of it, I may have used a tiny hook. I have a 300g and he tried to own the entire tank. Even against my 7" Foxface!

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only experience with dottyback goes back 25 yrs and my neon dottyback was a gentleman, never a problem for the better part of 8 years I had that tank.

I am restocking that tank and want to get one again but I worry lol
Dont do it mine was nice at fist just dug holes now hes got bored of digging n turned violent haha

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which dottyback is spitting sand around?
Sounds unusual IMM.
Mine don’t touch the sand at all, just hang in the rock work mostly.
Just curious...

DirkCourage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont do it mine was nice at fist just dug holes now hes got bored of digging n turned violent haha
Wish I saw your post before last week! Just got an Orchid and much the same behavior. Swear I never read much about them digging, but mine dug like mad spitting sand all over. Kicked my goby and shrimp out of their house. Situation has calmed down, but still think he needs to go. I don't trust him. Getting him out will be the real challenge :(

Back